The Student Room Group

Electronic & Electrical Engineering at University of Warwick vs University of Leeds

I received offers from both of these universities to study electronic and electrical engineering (EEE), the MEng course (H600) from Leeds and the BEng course (H605) from Warwick.

I am planning to do an MEng. After talking to Warwick, they say it is easy to switch to the MEng from the BEng, provided I do well in the first year.

Both of these universities are great, but Leeds is ranked higher in the EEE rankings (around 4th) and Warwick isn't in this ranking. Overall Warwick is ranked higher than Leeds.

As Leeds seemed to have the upper hand - I firmed that offer about a week ago. But now after speaking with a few people, I seem to have second thoughts.

As long as it is within the two-week window, I think I can change my firm offer (I might have to speak to both Leeds and Warwick).

What are the pros and cons of studying EEE at either of these universities?

Which university is better for this course and overall?

Has anyone studied or is studying this course at these unis? - How is it/was it? Give me some details.

EDIT: Another question.

Why isn't Warwick in any of the Electronic and Electrical engineering league tables or rankings?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by sidsidsid16
I received offers from both of these universities to study electronic and electrical engineering (EEE), the MEng course (H600) from Leeds and the BEng course (H605) from Warwick.

I am planning to do an MEng. After talking to Warwick, they say it is easy to switch to the MEng from the BEng, provided I do well in the first year.

Both of these universities are great, but Leeds is ranked higher in the EEE rankings (around 4th) and Warwick isn't in this ranking. Overall Warwick is ranked higher than Leeds.

As Leeds seemed to have the upper hand - I firmed that offer about a week ago. But now after speaking with a few people, I seem to have second thoughts.

As long as it is within the two-week window, I think I can change my firm offer (I might have to speak to both Leeds and Warwick).

What are the pros and cons of studying EEE at either of these universities?

Which university is better for this course and overall?

Has anyone studied or is studying this course at these unis? - How is it/was it? Give me some details.

EDIT: Another question.

Why isn't Warwick in any of the Electronic and Electrical engineering league tables or rankings?

Honestly when you go to university, you realise that ranking doesn't really matter that much. Not if it's between two top universities, you're bound to get a job either way after graduating.

No-one can tell you which is best because it's purely subjective.

If I were you, I'd look around. Research the towns near both universities, look at the societies they offer, the night life or whatever interests you.
It's a shame that you can't experience them in person due to covid, but just make a list of what you like and what you want outside of the degree and weigh up the pros and cons yourself.

I was a student at Warwick and I found it great. It's very diverse, it offers a great night life, sport centre and many societies. I love that...but that's just me.
I can't speak anything about Leeds because I've never been there.

Hope you find the right place for you, best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending