The Student Room Group

University

Hello, I have many interests that are very diverse such as acting, child development, Animal Journalism and Crimonology. After looking for the last year for a course that combine quite a few of of these interests but over the last year I have not had much much I have looked into combined courses, joint courses basically everything but can't find anything and I was wondering if anyone knew of stress where it is more mix and match rather than yoyr being a psychologist a teacher or a lawer like a lot of UK uni's are like
Well, mostly you can do whatever you want with your degree. I.e. if you study psychology, you could still become a journalist

But apparently the University of Exeter has a flexible honours programme, where you can study between 2-3 courses and just choose them yourself, so mix and match in a way. This is the link: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/flexible/exeter/
Original post by heyitsmika
Well, mostly you can do whatever you want with your degree. I.e. if you study psychology, you could still become a journalist

But apparently the University of Exeter has a flexible honours programme, where you can study between 2-3 courses and just choose them yourself, so mix and match in a way. This is the link: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/flexible/exeter/

😂😂 thankyou I had actually applied for that exact programm but changed it to liberal arts majoring in Drama but I'm not a huge fan so idek anymore 😂
Original post by Unknown2112
😂😂 thankyou I had actually applied for that exact programm but changed it to liberal arts majoring in Drama but I'm not a huge fan so idek anymore 😂

Well, I think the one at Exeter is the only course that really offers something that flexible - as far as I'm aware
So maybe re-apply next year or ask them if you can change your offer?
Original post by Unknown2112
Hello, I have many interests that are very diverse such as acting, child development, Animal Journalism and Crimonology. After looking for the last year for a course that combine quite a few of of these interests but over the last year I have not had much much I have looked into combined courses, joint courses basically everything but can't find anything and I was wondering if anyone knew of stress where it is more mix and match rather than yoyr being a psychologist a teacher or a lawer like a lot of UK uni's are like

Why do you want to go to university? Serious question. Only you seem to be dabbling around with no particular sense of purpose. All of the interests you mention can easily be pursued as hobbies.

University is a big commitment and you only get one shot. Make sure you go with a medium term plan in mind and more to the point, a sense of purpose.

Good luck!

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending