The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I can't imagine being in your situation, but if I was I would probably react in exactly the same way you have with regards to not wanting to get rid of it but not feeling able to keep it. Remember that adoption is a choice too, which would mean you wouldn't have to kill the baby and it could be brought up by people who really want a child and can give it everything it needs. Any option you choose is going to be difficult, but I hope you sort things out and are happy with your final decision.

xxx
What do you plan on doing with your life? I think you've pretty much decided that you want to keep the child and the main problem you're seeing (other than obviously who the father is and how it happened) is your age. I think if you were planning on going to university, for example, then it's a harder decision than if this is not a road you wanted to go down. I know it may seem like a nightmare atm but there are plenty of single mums out there who give birth much younger and they manage. You are stronger than you think you are. I would go to the doctor first to confirm for sure if you are pregnant and then don't rush your decision, take some time to think about it and talk it through with others first.

xx
Ok, all I want is just a little reassurance really to stop me being so worriedand paranoid. I know the chances are slim, but I've been looking online and having brown spotting can be a sign of pregnancy...

I'm on the pill, I've never missed a pill and am pretty certain that I haven't been ill or anything or taken any medicine that can affect it... Also, we use condoms as well - although not completely like they're supposed to be used, we normally start to have sex without one and then half way through my boyfriend will pull out and put one on. I've never known the condom to break either.

My last 2 pill packets I took straight after each other, infact it's what I do regularly so I only have a period every 6 weeks. But this time I started spotting, and having cramps a week or so before my due "break". Then when I had my break, I had a shorter, lighter period with mostly just brown blood (sorry for the detail...) so light that I couldn't use tampons..

My boyfriend says I'm being ridiculous, and even part me knows I'm worrying over something very unlikely, but like I said, I just wouldn't mind some reassurance that I'll be fine.
thanks for information. just a little worried haha. im in uni and we've only been going out a month, so a lil kid isnt what either of us need really lol.

i think i need condoms which are wider as i had problems getting the normal sized one on as it was tight as hell and stopping me from being fully erect
You need larger condoms, mates ones are larger (or so the boyfriend says anyway) and cheaper than durex. He used to have the problem of it rolling back again becuase it was too tight, and a nasty red ring around his penis... not nice!
The brown blood doesn't sound good to me. I'm no doctor, and I'm certainly no woman, but I have a very bad "feeling" about this. My advice would be to get a pregnancy test ASAP, and immediately contact your GP. Alternatively, you can contact NHS24 if you want peace of mind straight away, assuming you do get peace of mind, that is. I can't say what your prognosis will be.

Good luck :top:
heard that trojan are wider, will try mates too.
Anonymous
Ok, all I want is just a little reassurance really to stop me being so worriedand paranoid. I know the chances are slim, but I've been looking online and having brown spotting can be a sign of pregnancy...

I'm on the pill, I've never missed a pill and am pretty certain that I haven't been ill or anything or taken any medicine that can affect it... Also, we use condoms as well - although not completely like they're supposed to be used, we normally start to have sex without one and then half way through my boyfriend will pull out and put one on. I've never known the condom to break either.

My last 2 pill packets I took straight after each other, infact it's what I do regularly so I only have a period every 6 weeks. But this time I started spotting, and having cramps a week or so before my due "break". Then when I had my break, I had a shorter, lighter period with mostly just brown blood (sorry for the detail...) so light that I couldn't use tampons..

My boyfriend says I'm being ridiculous, and even part me knows I'm worrying over something very unlikely, but like I said, I just wouldn't mind some reassurance that I'll be fine.

Hmmm.. I don't think it's likely you're pregnant but stranger things have happened. I advise you to take a test just to ease your mind though :s-smilie:

(well done for using proper protection though :smile:)
Keysersoze311
The brown blood doesn't sound good to me. I'm no doctor, and I'm certainly no woman, but I have a very bad "feeling" about this. My advice would be to get a pregnancy test ASAP, and immediately contact your GP. Alternatively, you can contact NHS24 if you want peace of mind straight away, assuming you do get peace of mind, that is. I can't say what your prognosis will be.

Good luck :top:

:s-smilie:

It's perfectly normal, I've had it several times... all down to the pill.

OP, spotting due to pregnancy is incredibly rare. The internet makes out like it's common. I've yet to hear of anyone it'sactually happened to. Did you miss even one pill or take it a bit late? If I miss one around the end of the pack it results in exactly what you're describing, misnus the cramping. Though, I don't usually get cramps on it.
I don't think spotting happens that often but maybe take a test just in case? good luck x
Reply 570
I used to get spotting occasionally when I ran packs together, and this "implantation bleeding" everyone worries about is actually very rare. You've done everything right contraception-wise, so there's no reason to think you would be pregnant. The only way to relieve your paranoia is to do a test though - but I'm saying that for your peace of mind, not because I think it might be positive!
Sorry to hear about what you are going through OP :hugs:

You definitely need to get to the Doctors ASAP to confirm the pregnancy.
You should also seek some advice, from anyone from the Doctor, to a family member, friend or trained professional.

Also, regarding the rape, contact the police if you want to press charges.

You seem to have an awful lot on your plate. Try and speak to people, you can't get through this on your own. Stay strong and I hope things turn out okay. :console:
Reply 572
I took the pill for a year and often ran packets together if my period was going to be a conveniant times. We never once used a condom (we were both tested and fine) and I never got pregnant. It is VERY rare to get pregnant on the pill, its a very effective contraceptive without condoms. The majority of people who do get pregnant whilst taking the pill have because they have missed a few pills or have taken anti biotics etc. Im pretty sure your not pregnant but if you really want to then take a test just to put your mind to rest.
Reply 573
It might be a good idea for your girlfriend to go to the family planning clinic too since if you guys are going to be regularly having sex she might want a more permanent type of contraceptive such as the pill.
You might also want to both go to get an STI test???
That's disgusting, I'm so sorry.

I would love to personally extract justice and chop this guys willy off.

I hope things work out for you x.
Reply 575
This is awful.
Have you told anyone like your parents?
Perhaps you should, they would understand and support you.

Also contact the police and get your ex-bf locked up.
He deserves to go to prison for this, without a doubt.

Best of luck whatever happens!
Ok, I'm on the pill, and have recently run 3 packs together, but I took my last pill of the pack on Sunday. Today I thought I started bleeding, but that was about 8 o clock this morning, and I've literally just had a teeny bit of brown discharge.

I'm a bit worried now! My boobs have been quite sore for a while, but I havent been especially tired or feeling sick or anything.

I did miss one pill, but took it the next morning when I remembered so must have only been about 10 hours late, which I thought would be OK. I'm on Cilest btw.

Help!
Reply 577
Anonymous
Ok, I'm on the pill, and have recently run 3 packs together, but I took my last pill of the pack on Sunday. Today I thought I started bleeding, but that was about 8 o clock this morning, and I've literally just had a teeny bit of brown discharge.

I'm a bit worried now! My boobs have been quite sore for a while, but I havent been especially tired or feeling sick or anything.

I did miss one pill, but took it the next morning when I remembered so must have only been about 10 hours late, which I thought would be OK. I'm on Cilest btw.

Help!

Is it safe to run three packs together? I was always told only ever to run 2...... That could be why you've been feeling sick, tired, sore boobs.
PinkMobilePhone
randdom gave some good advice, and also lemily, where she asks "what would you need to change in your life in order to be ready to become a mother?"

that's just the thing... i have no idea. :confused: i know i'm mature for my age and i make good decisions, it's just the idea of going through pregnancy, giving birth, and having someone who depends on me for everything that scares me to death. :eek: :eek: :eek: its more responsiblity than i can even imagine. i would prefer to keep the baby over any other option, but i just get the feeling that im too young and inexperienced to be a mum. :frown:
Even though you are deeply religious, you should consider abortion, if only a tiny tiny tiny little bit
Make sure you explore all your options

Latest

Trending

Trending