The Student Room Group

Lightheaded/dizzy all the time

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nialler x
Do you feel as though you have to drag yourself due to the weakness??

yes i just feel exhausted all the time
i had a blood test about a week ago and I got a phone call saying my iron was low :frown:
I have to be honest about the fact that I don't eat properly and I don't drink a lot of water either.

I don't like blood tests, my blood never comes out.
Original post by rxyaltyx
yes i just feel exhausted all the time

Same here It's so annoying
they didn't prescribe me anything but I'm eating more iron rich foods and going for another test soon that I'm nervous about:s-smilie: thank you for your help:h::heart:
Same here It's so annoying

do you ever feel nauseous? or is it just me

It's kind of similar as there are times when my head starts killing as I get up too quickly.

Yeah it might be

I try to

I lie down on the floor all the time when i'm TSRing or something as such.

I feel like it might be anaemia as I checked the symptoms and I have mostly all of them

Probably is.

Yeah I know.

Samsies, my blood never comes out cuz my veins are small :sad:

But if I drink a lot of water I have to go to the loo more often and that's annoying.

Speak with your GP. Also make sure you're having enough water, I know it's annoying to pee so often, but it really is important and if you're not drinking enough it can tank your blood pressure when you change positions. Get enough in the way of electrolytes as well, it should help some what.
Okay doc :smile:
Yeah, I had tea and biscuits :biggrin:

Yeah I do :frown:

Original post by Pathway
Speak with your GP. Also make sure you're having enough water, I know it's annoying to pee so often, but it really is important and if you're not drinking enough it can tank your blood pressure when you change positions. Get enough in the way of electrolytes as well, it should help some what.

Yeah I guess I have to!

But what would happen if I don't do anything about it??
same to you:console:

It's kind of similar as there are times when my head starts killing as I get up too quickly.

Yeah it might be

I try to

I lie down on the floor all the time when i'm TSRing or something as such.

I feel like it might be anaemia as I checked the symptoms and I have mostly all of them

Probably is.

Yeah I know.

Samsies, my blood never comes out cuz my veins are small :sad:

But if I drink a lot of water I have to go to the loo more often and that's annoying.

ok but u should lie down until dizziness passes and avoid coffee for a while

Sorry, I know you're not asking me but i felt nauseous allllll the time, and it was iron deficiency
Original post by brionyvj
Sorry, I know you're not asking me but i felt nauseous allllll the time, and it was iron deficiency

hmm yeah ig it seems like i might have anaemia.
wait is hair loss a symptom anyone??
Original post by kadiatuj0001
ok but u should lie down until dizziness passes and avoid coffee for a while

Will do, I don't drink coffee tho, I drink tea
Okay doc :smile:
Yeah, I had tea and biscuits :biggrin:

Yeah I do :frown:

Yeah I guess I have to!

But what would happen if I don't do anything about it??

Well, I pass out fairly frequently (due to a few reasons) and have almost lost an eye, almost passed out into incoming traffic, made a lot of mess with blood, etc. So if you ever do begin to pass out it would/could be pretty problematic. I understand it's not the most fun thing to manage, but I would get it checked out (screened for deficiencies, etc.) and go from there. Your GP has seen this before (a lot!) lol.

Thanks. :redface: I try to be.
hmm yeah ig it seems like i might have anaemia.
wait is hair loss a symptom anyone??

I believe it there are some links but its not definitely proven to be a symptom yet
Original post by Pathway
Well, I pass out fairly frequently (due to a few reasons) and have almost lost an eye, almost passed out into incoming traffic, made a lot of mess with blood, etc. So if you ever do begin to pass out it would/could be pretty problematic. I understand it's not the most fun thing to manage, but I would get it checked out (screened for deficiencies, etc.) and go from there. Your GP has seen this before (a lot!) lol.

OMDs i'm sorry to hear this :console:
I guess I should go to my GP, I hate medical attention tho!!
OMDs i'm sorry to hear this :console:
I guess I should go to my GP, I hate medical attention tho!!

I get it, but it's easier to manage things when they're smaller issues, rather than leaving them, which may mean they get worse. :dontknow:
drink more water and get tested for anaemia.
Will do, I don't drink coffee tho, I drink tea

thanks good,i hope u get better soon
it might be anemia, or it could just be your blood sugar is low. that's symptoms of when a diabetic is having a hypo (don't panic - im not saying you have diabetes!). try eating or drinking something sugary and see how you feel after maybe?

Quick Reply

Latest