The Student Room Group

Which exam board is the easiest??

Out of all the exam boards which is the easiest for Maths, Sociology and Psychology??

But in general which exam board is the easiest??

Scroll to see replies

I don't think there is a specfic easy exam board, because if there was, all sixth forms will be using it. Why don't you check out the specfication on each of the exam boards and decide for yourself?
No exam board is "easy"
Reply 3
in my opinion Edexcel, AQA,AQA

generally AQA tend to be the more student friendly exam board!!

but yes exam board can only be student friendly never easy!!!
im so academic
I don't think there is a specfic easy exam board, because if there was, all sixth forms will be using it. Why don't you check out the specfication on each of the exam boards and decide for yourself?

Not necessarily. I know my old 6th form would have purposely not used it and made a big deal about how they challenge their students to be the best. Pretentious fools :rolleyes:
Reply 5
No one can know, since no one has taken the exams with each exam board. For what it's worth, I think Edexcel's Maths course seems quite easy. But that's probably just my personal taste, rather than it really being easy.
I don't think any exam board is actually 'easier' but most people prefer AQA and its said to be slighly more reliable and consistant so many believe it is easier.
Reply 7
Well, I have seen many threads like this and I would 100% say AQA. They provide detailed specs, past papers and they are easy to talk to. OCR ate 100% the hardest at A Level. I liked them at GCSE but A Level Bio was a nightmare. Got a U!

Depends on the subject though. Most schools use AQA for Psychology & Sociology as they are the easiest. Most use edexcel for Maths.

AQA prob seem eaiser as you can pracise the questions more than with say Edexcel where you have to pay.
Reply 8
Theres no such thing as an easy exam board!!
well i only took one GCSE in edexcel italian.. i remember thinking the preparation/revision there was, was really tough.
i honestly cant speak it to save my life and i somehow got an A.. which makes me believe all this 'GCSEs/A Levels getting easier' news. :/
Reply 10
According to many teachers in my school, AQA is an 'easier' exam board, because their examiners are actually told to look positively for achievement. OCR is said to be the hardest exam board for most subjects at A-Level as they mark quite stringently and the examiners aren't told (at least where I've seen) to look positively when awarding marks. They often stick strctly to the markscheme.

At my school, around 90% of GCSE exams are with AQA (and so it's called the GCSE exam board) and around 85% of AS/A2 exams are with OCR, making it the 'A-level exam board':p: I think most schools/pupils are of this opinion too.
No such thing as 'easy' exam boards. Some of the specifications are slightly different in terms of content, so if ur suited to one topic more than another you might prefer to do one exam board over another. Buh yeh they all pwetty much the same...I memba when i got bored of edexcel maths (and the serious HUNT for past papers) I'd use AQA ones, which are freely available.
for my AS's, i had AQA, WJEC and OCR.... i had OCR for art and they marked me really strictly. I did an amazing exam and was only in the A grade by one mark on that module!!
What do u think of CIE. Is it difficult or easier.
Reply 14
From my own experience, it has to be either AQA or WJEC.
I'm not sure which exam board I'd say was the "easiest" - mostly because I haven't had experience with all of them - but I do like AQA and they're really good for psychology too, at least in my opinion anyway :smile:
But I really, really don't like Edexcel as an exam board at all *shudders*.
for Maths, AQA defo. The exam questions are so predictable especially for Core 1. The layout of the paper makes you feel less stressed in the exam room because theres like lots of white space and theres about 8 questions in the paper (9 very rarely), one on each topic in the module.
ive done past papers with most maths exam boards.

AQA are by far the easiest - they quide you nicely through the question - an average mathematiscian can get a very high mark if they work hard. Whereas i think WJEC are the hardest, the expect a lot from you especially in c4/fp1 - the questions are much longer and need a lot of thought -

cant really say for other subjects
desmondmac
No such thing as 'easy' exam boards. Some of the specifications are slightly different in terms of content, so if ur suited to one topic more than another you might prefer to do one exam board over another. Buh yeh they all pwetty much the same...I memba when i got bored of edexcel maths (and the serious HUNT for past papers) I'd use AQA ones, which are freely available.

i disagree completely.

Compare AQA to WJEC for example for maths.

in AQA the question guides you through the question - it is easy to get the answer.

whereas in wjec they expect a lot of thought and you to know what to do - it doesnt give it to you on a plate - and lots of the questions link lots of different topics together - whereas in AQA there seems to be a single question on each topic
I've had Edexcel, and its sister.

Quick Reply

Latest