The Student Room Group

Nhs bursaries

Hello there can anyone explain to me how am nhs bursary works please? And does it mean the maintenance loan I get in total will be Lower? Etc thanks
Original post by Tash8790
Hello there can anyone explain to me how am nhs bursary works please? And does it mean the maintenance loan I get in total will be Lower? Etc thanks

The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is the Special Health Authority and the Arm's Length Body of the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC). They offer a variety of essential government resources to the national health care agencies, to the national health sector providers, to patients and to the general.
Original post by Tash8790

Hi there, so the bursary works in the same way as student finance where you apply once you know what course you're going to do. There are some means tested measures to this, which means that you can get more support if you're from a low income household. In terms of your student finance and maintenance loan, that's separate and won't be affected. So getting the NHS bursary won't make a difference to how much maintenance loan you get.

This NHS page has all you need to know about the bursary and the portal to apply... nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-bursary-students

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Mark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending