The Student Room Group

Running

I stared running a week ago and I’ve noticed my face goes really red. Out of interest does this reduce overtime as you become fitter.
Reply 1
Original post by Lilysmithxoxo
I stared running a week ago and I’ve noticed my face goes really red. Out of interest does this reduce overtime as you become fitter.

Hi, I started running too, and I noticed that my face has actually decreased its level of “redness”.
This might not be for everyone though - I know for me personally, I won’t ever be completely normal, as in my face would still always be red even if it’s a little bit. That’s mainly because I have a lot of blood vessels on my face, so when I run, and blood circulates around my body, my face becomes easily red. This also means that I can get red even without knowing or without sweating etc.
So keep that in mind if you think that your face doesn’t seem to get less red.
Definitely hasn’t for me and I’ve been running for over a year, if anything it intensifies as my running time decreases as I’m working harder to achieve this!
Its very common for girls. Females rely on flushing more than males (who sweat more instead).

Yes it should decrease with fitness and weight loss I'd say.
Original post by Lilysmithxoxo

Hi I know I’m really late but I’m an experienced runner and I still go bright red 😂. It usually means you did a big workout at threshold pace.

Quick Reply

Latest