The Student Room Group

Forced in to clearing due UCAS error help!

Basically yesterday was my last day to respond to offers for uni. But when I went to respond to my offers my account was frozen I couldn't access it and respond to my offers at all.it was frozen. I emailed my uni's straight away, took screenshots as evidence. One of my uni's responded saying I should call UCAS to amend this matter.
When I called UCAS they said universities were made aware the students had till the 23rd of July to reply to offers. But I was not informed neither were my uni as they didn't mention it to Me and asked Me to call ucas to
Ammend the situation.on my track it said I had till the 27th of July 23: 59 to reply to my offers UCAS AND TRACK DID NOT EMAIL ME OR CONTACT ME ABOUT AN UPDATE OR THAT MY ACCOUNT WOULD NOT BE WORKING . I still had one day to reply and suddenly without notice my account was frozen meaning I couldn't reply to My offers
And now I've automatically been declined from my uni's and put into clearing due to something that was out of my control
I don't kno what to do.
This. Is. So unfair. I've tried to explain this to UCAS AND THEY SAID ALL I CAN DO IS GO INTO CLEARING :frown:
Anyone gone through same situation
Any advice appreciated
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amber2106
Basically yesterday was my last day to respond to offers for uni. But when I went to respond to my offers my account was frozen I couldn't access it and respond to my offers at all.it was frozen. I emailed my uni's straight away, took screenshots as evidence. One of my uni's responded saying I should call UCAS to amend this matter.
When I called UCAS they said universities were made aware the students had till the 23rd of July to reply to offers. But I was not informed neither were my uni as they didn't mention it to Me and asked Me to call ucas to
Ammend the situation.on my track it said I had till the 27th of July 23: 59 to reply to my offers UCAS AND TRACK DID NOT EMAIL ME OR CONTACT ME ABOUT AN UPDATE OR THAT MY ACCOUNT WOULD NOT BE WORKING . I still had one day to reply and suddenly without notice my account was frozen meaning I couldn't reply to My offers
And now I've automatically been declined from my uni's and put into clearing due to something that was out of my control
I don't kno what to do.
This. Is. So unfair. I've tried to explain this to UCAS AND THEY SAID ALL I CAN DO IS GO INTO CLEARING :frown:
Any advice appreciated

Write down all the sequence of events in full detail. Send it by REGISTERED letter to UCAS; not by email..I don't know if it well help but do it now anyway and you have taken the initiative.

is 17.00 the cut off point for UCAS?

Did you get any screenshots?
UCAS was frozen at 17:00 last night whilst they process Scottish results. I'm unsure why they said the deadline to accept your offers would be whilst the system was frozen?
Reply 3
Original post by thegalaxy
UCAS was frozen at 17:00 last night whilst they process Scottish results. I'm unsure why they said the deadline to accept your offers would be whilst the system was frozen?

Exactly it isn't fair. They didn't even tell me.
I don't know what to do now.
I don't kno what to do.
Any advice appreciated

The UCAS deadline for all normal applications was the 23rd July, and this was a publicised date however if you were wrongly informed this is clearly unfair.

If you were given the wrong deadline I suggest you gather the email or letter which showed you had till the 27th and call UCAS up tomorrow, if you get no where email them the evidence.

As long as your firm choice uni is happy to have you hopefully UCAS can amend this.
Reply 5
Original post by Stychomythia
Write down all the sequence of events in full detail. Send it by REGISTERED letter to UCAS; not by email..I don't know if it well help but do it now anyway and you have taken the initiative.

is 17.00 the cut off point for UCAS?

Did you get any screenshots?

UCAS track said I had till 23:59 to answer
Yes I've got a few screenshots of me on UCAS and the date and that it says I have till the 23:59 to respond.
I could write a letter but I don't know if by then it would be too late and my uni would even consider me. :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by mnot
The UCAS deadline for all normal applications was the 23rd July, and this was a publicised date however if you were wrongly informed this is clearly unfair.

If you were given the wrong deadline I suggest you gather the email or letter which showed you had till the 27th and call UCAS up tomorrow, if you get no where email them the evidence.

As long as your firm choice uni is happy to have you hopefully UCAS can amend this.

Thank you I have got screenshots to provide evidence but when I called them all they said was the universities were aware that students had the 23rd of July to respond and all they could do for me was put me in clearing. I. Will. Find their email and send evidence and hopefully they will change their mind as I have an unconditional offer.
Thank you I have got screenshots to provide evidence but when I called them all they said was the universities were aware that students had the 23rd of July to respond and all they could do for me was put me in clearing. I. Will. Find their email and send evidence and hopefully they will change their mind as I have an unconditional offer.

Hopefully they can amend this if you were misled.

If not id ask the university to honour your offer in clearing, and you’ll just call up on results day & do it that way round if not.
Reply 8

Original post by mnot
Hopefully they can amend this if you were misled.

If not id ask the university to honour your offer in clearing, and you’ll just call up on results day & do it that way round if not.

Do you know if I can be automatically entered as I have an unconditional offer based on my previous results as am I resit applicant.
It might be worth contacting your MP by email and they can raise this directly with the UCAS. If you were given a false date and time it is up to UCAS to accept. You could copy in the chief executive of UCAS.

Most universities will accept you in clearing if you have the results anyway. What university is it and for what course.

Do you know if I can be automatically entered as I have an unconditional offer based on my previous results as am I resit applicant.

If you already have some results you could probably just apply through clearing now as clearing is already open.

I would call the uni admissions department explain and see if they’ll just extend an offer via clearing straight away.
I would call the uni and see if they will honour your unconditional offer through clearing regardless, and if so see if you can apply right away with the grades you already obtained.

If they wont honour the offer then complain with the evidence asap.
@PQ
@SarcAndSpark
(Any ideas?)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by mnot
If you already have some results you could probably just apply through clearing now as clearing is already open.

I would call the uni admissions department explain and see if they’ll just extend an offer via clearing straight away.u

UCAS Track. Is. Froxen

Original post by mnot
I would call the uni and see if they will honour your unconditional offer through clearing regardless, and if so see if you can apply right away with the grades you already obtained.

If they wont honour the offer then complain with the evidence asap.

Thank you so much for your help I feel mroe reassured. I will email them to ask if they can extend my offer via clearing and when ucas track is up and running because at the moment its been suspended due to results being processed and will have access to it on the 4th of August. I will apply through there and it will basically be seen as an unconditional offer even though the circumstances are different.
Thanks again
Thank you so much for your help I feel mroe reassured. I will email them to ask if they can extend my offer via clearing and when ucas track is up and running because at the moment its been suspended due to results being processed and will have access to it on the 4th of August. I will apply through there and it will basically be seen as an unconditional offer even though the circumstances are different.
Thanks again

I would still email the uni tomorrow, explain the circumstances & check they will be happy to extend an offer as soon as UCAS track allows you to access clearing.
Reply 15
Original post by mnot
I would still email the uni tomorrow, explain the circumstances & check they will be happy to extend an offer as soon as UCAS track allows you to access clearing.

Thank you for the advice :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by swanseajack1
It might be worth contacting your MP by email and they can raise this directly with the UCAS. If you were given a false date and time it is up to UCAS to accept. You could copy in the chief executive of UCAS.

Most universities will accept you in clearing if you have the results anyway. What university is it and for what course.

Good idea, don't want to sound but MP(member of Parliament) probably have bigger problems. Do you know how I could contact UCAS executive is the info on the website.
Good idea, don't want to sound but MP(member of Parliament) probably have bigger problems. Do you know how I could contact UCAS executive is the info on the website.

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/contact-ucas-executive-team
Thank you!

What university and course is it by pm if preferred

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending