The Student Room Group

Unis to study at for Natural Sciences

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by University of Bath
Hi there,

Bath is one of the top unis in the UK and has a great NatSci course. You could do physics and chemistry through the NatSci course at Bath. I would suggest looking at this thread that I started about the NatSci course, as well as this thread where I broke down the main aspects and pros/cons of the course. This webpage from the university has a few helpful documents that summarise the course and different modules.

I would say that Durham's course is also very good and quite similar to how the Bath course is structured. Based on my experience when I was applying, the UCL and Cambridge courses looked good academically but were a bit more restrictive and less flexible than the Bath and Durham courses.

Hopefully they can give you a good idea of the Bath course, but please feel free to ask me if you have any more questions :smile:
Jessica, a final year NatSci student

Thank you so much! Your reply and the threads have cleared up a lot of my uncertainties and I think I know what to pick now !!:smile:
Original post by green212
Thank you so much! Your reply and the threads have cleared up a lot of my uncertainties and I think I know what to pick now !!:smile:

Hi there,

No problem, I'm glad it helped! As I said, please do let me know if you have any other questions. If you are considering Bath, you may also find this thread I started as a final year student (who's just come off placement) useful. The questions there are about anything really, but quite a few about part-time jobs and how placements work!

Reply 22
How are Bath and Southampton natural science degree course?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by samvk
How are Bath and Southampton natural science degree course?

Hi there,

I cannot comment on the Southampton course as I never looked at it/considered it when I was applying to university. However, I can hopefully give you some insight into the Bath course!

I started this thread all about the NatSci course at Bath, and I've also left a detailed breakdown of the course in this thread. They should give you a pretty good idea of how the course at Bath works and the pros and cons of it, but if you have any questions that aren't answered there then please let me know and I'll answer as best I can :smile: I'd say that the best unis in the UK for Natural Sciences are Bath, Durham, Cambridge, UCL and Exeter and York. Bath and Durham's courses are pretty similar in how they work as well, so if you like the look of Bath's then it's also worth checking out Durham's too .

I hope this has helped,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending