The Student Room Group
Original post by Anonymous
so I'm indian and a teen and I want someone to date but uk how it is nobody is interested in minorities. and I would classify myself as really cool and not like the stereotypical indian girl who's all shy nerdy and stuff. I'm good at studies and I'm cool asf.

Right. What's the question? :curious:

If you are looking for a boyfriend then this is TSR - The Student Room not TSR - The Singles Room.
so I'm indian and a teen and I want someone to date but uk how it is nobody is interested in minorities. and I would classify myself as really cool and not like the stereotypical indian girl who's all shy nerdy and stuff. I'm good at studies and I'm cool asf.

im indian and ive had boys interested in me before, im not bragging im just saying that just because we're a minority it doesn't mean boys don't want anything to do with us. plus it's extremely stereotypical to label indians as "shy".
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
im indian and ive had boys interested in me before, im not bragging im just saying that just because we're a minority it doesn't mean boys don't want anything to do with us. plus it's extremely stereotypical to label indians as "shy".

I thought the stereotype is that we are arrogant, rich and only go into the careers Medicine/Engineering/Computing/Dentistry? Also, that we own Range Rovers/Mercedes/BMW/Audi?
PRSOM

Are you Indian, if you don't mind me asking?
Cmon man, don't pretend we are at any disadvantage in the dating department... White girls love tan, and so do the boys... probably?
i mean i'm blasian and i like any race soo.... but i mostly :heart: white boysss. (my bf white)
Original post by 5hyl33n
I thought the stereotype is that we are arrogant, rich and only go into the careers Medicine/Engineering/Computing/Dentistry? Also, that we own Range Rovers/Mercedes/BMW/Audi?

Lol, that is not what I think when someone says "Indian".:no:
Original post by ChubbyWhubby
Lol, that is not what I think when someone says "Indian".:no:

What do you think of? :biggrin:
Original post by 5hyl33n
What do you think of? :biggrin:

Curry, bindi on the forehead or big nosed Bollywood actors.
Reply 10
Original post by ChubbyWhubby
Curry, bindi on the forehead or big nosed Bollywood actors.

That's the extreme end of the spectrum ahaha. On the other end it's roadmen in tracksuits, listening to Asian music, ending every sentence with the word 'bruv' and trying too hard to make out like they are from 'the ends' :lol:
Reply 11

I've never heard people think of Indian girls as 'shy' or 'nerdy' at all, whilst it's the guys who are usually stereotyped as being 'good at studies'. Most do alright and lots of people are into girls from minority backgrounds so don't worry, it's usually just a case of finding/clicking with the right person; school isn't always the best place to find a date imho..

Latest

Trending

Trending