The Student Room Group

fraud

fraud was done on my card in another country using uber worth £69. and it was multiple transactions. i contacted my bank and they gave this money back to me few weeks ago but today there was a refund reversal and they took this money back from my account.
i called them and they said that they’ve gone through it and decided its not fraud or whatever after all or was done by me. also it was five transactions and i messaged them after i noticed two of the transactions so clearly it wasnt me and then 3 more transactions were made?
so now £69 is taken from my account by another person and my bank thinks it was me or there is a lack of evidence. so what can i do to prove or tell them?
also the only person that knows my bank details is my mum. on top of that she doesnt even know the back digits and neither does she use uber??
can they not trace where the transition has come from using there ip adress?

contact https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
(edited 3 years ago)
As I said before, go through your bank's complaints procedure. You could then go to the Ombudsman. Your last option is to sue your bank - I fully expect that they'd settle this before it gets to Court, to keep the settlement private - that's what happened when I sued Nationwide.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
So you got charged via Uber, but you went straight to the bank to return the funds to your account, Why would you do that? Also, why didn't you go to Uber before contacting your bank?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Xarao
So you got charged via Uber, but you went straight to the bank to return the funds to your account, Why would you do that? Also, why didn't you go to Uber before contacting your bank?

what do you mean why would i do that? what else should be the first thing i do if i notice a transaction that wasnt made by me? also i contacted uber but they took over a week to reply when i already got my money back when they said they’d get back to me within 24 hours. also i’m sorry if that sounded rude just asking questions (:
Reply 5
Original post by Libbyc16
can they not trace where the transition has come from using there ip adress?

contact https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

i dont even know and on top of that it says intl transaction and theres also a transaction fee for all the five of them but i guess they think i made them abroad? i have no idea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending