The Student Room Group

I think I miss school?

I'm 19 and I hated school. I was never good at exams which put my confidence down a lot and I didn't have a great group of friends either. I went to college instead of sixth form as I just wanted to leave school. I got very basic GCSE grades so I didn't have a good chance of doing A-Levels anyways. However, even though I disliked the majority of school two of my teachers really helped me through school. One put me into resit an exam because they knew I could do better and I did. I was so happy that they believed in me and allowed me to do better. They are the reason I went on to study Creative Media. I emailed them when I started college and they said to keep in touch in terms of updating them with my grades and what I had been learning however I was informed that they moved to a different school so we lost contact. Another teacher supported me massively throughout year 11 and my exams. We shared a few common interests so before school started we would just discuss various topics. That teacher was probably the smartest person I have ever met, even still to this day. I think about this teacher still often even though its been 2-3 years since I left school and I have no idea how to just block them out of my head because it's just strange to think of a teacher this often. I guess we just bonded well and school just ended in a flash so there was no official goodbye. Any advice for this weird subject?
Reply 1
I guess remember what they did for you and try to be like them - encouraging people to be the best they can and being an overall cool and nice person. If you want to contact them, just contact your old school and ask where they transferred to.
Reply 2
Original post by luckyjd
I guess remember what they did for you and try to be like them - encouraging people to be the best they can and being an overall cool and nice person. If you want to contact them, just contact your old school and ask where they transferred to.

They really did! That teacher was so cool and laid back and unlike most of my other teachers. They even said that they actually dropped out of school and worked really hard to get where they are now. I just found it relateable that they dropped out of school as there were times during school where I wish I could have done that. I feel like they might be on LinkedIn but I'm not sure if it's unprofessional to contact my teachers after leaving school.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
They really did! That teacher was so cool and laid back and unlike most of my other teachers. They even said that they actually dropped out of school and worked really hard to get where they are now. I just found it relateable that they dropped out of school as there were times during school where I wish I could have done that. I feel like they might be on LinkedIn but I'm not sure if it's unprofessional to contact my teachers after leaving school.

Relatable*
high school was lit
best time ever. year 7 and year 8 year 9 were so fun
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
best time ever. year 7 and year 8 year 9 were so fun

I honestly wish I could say the same! hahaha. I have a few good memories, it wasn't 100% terrible. Glad you loved it though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending