The Student Room Group

Offered and ditched

Can the university do that ? A firm and confirmed place and then suddenly a shock email saying that the previous email was sent in an error and we put your staus on hold untill final decision.. devastating..can anybody help ??
I'm no expert but I'd say call UCAS in the morning to explain the situation. Hopefully they still accept you though 👍
Phone tomorrow and ask for an explanation.
What error? And why have they left it so late to tell you? Etc etc.
Write down what they say to you - and get the name of the person you are talking to.

it is exceptional for a Uni to withdraw a confirmed place - especially if the mistake was actually theirs.

If you are not happy with the answers you get, or you think they have acted poorly towards you, then phone UCAS.
Original post by adilsimi2006
Can the university do that ? A firm and confirmed place and then suddenly a shock email saying that the previous email was sent in an error and we put your staus on hold untill final decision.. devastating..can anybody help ??

They shouldn't do that if you have met the conditions of your offer - if that is the case they should be offering you a deferred place for 2021 at the very least and only if the course is completely full
Thank you ! I called them this morning and I was told it has been sent to many in error and will be deciding soon .. in the mean time some one from the relevant course faculty will call you.
Good news!

(which Uni was this?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending