The Student Room Group

BBC to AAA Beating The Odds, No Matter What - A Y13 GYG - 2020-2021

:headfire: WELCOME TO MY GYG :headfire:

:woo: My first ever GYG :woo:

Hi everyone :hello:, welcome to my first ever GYG I don't know if I am scared :afraid: or excited :dance: but either way I know I want to put a lot of effort into this because its quite personal to me. I have never really found learning as something fun (until recently anyways), I was one of the cruisers I think they call it during GCSE’s, this was due to many factors, I had a lot of Anxiety, suffered a lot from bullying, and not to mention missing a couple years of school, because I was sent of to a boarding school. All this combined, I cracked and I needed an escape, and there it was "Gaming", it was an easy option to fall onto due to the fact I could make new friends on there who don't know me personally to judge me and all the cared about was if I was good at the game, and ofcourse I was because I was breathing "Gaming" at that point, so I underperformed for my GCSE's. I had no one to help me out and put me in the right direction, so I messed up a big crucial part of my life and knowing that I could have done a lot better than I did, till this day hurts me...BUT enough of all that negativity :viking:, why I made this thread is to show people that its never really late to turn things around! :yeah: My first year of my A Levels didn't go as planned due to the Corona Virus, which meant my teachers had to predict what I would get, and like I said, during my GCSE's I wasn't the best student, so I was not predicted all A's, even though I worked really hard during Y12, it came down to my teachers looking at my GCSE's and making a realistic judgement of what they think I could have done...it was quite annoying :rant: but I can't really dwell on the past now...so lets try and make sure I am 100% ready for the upcoming January MOCK's :yep: .

My A-Level's

Spoiler

My GCSE Grades

Spoiler

My Predicted Grades

Spoiler

My Plan And What To Do When It Goes Down The Ditch

Spoiler

A-Level Stuff To Go Over

Chemistry

Spoiler

Physics

Spoiler

Maths

Spoiler

Some Facts About Me

Spoiler

Tags

Spoiler

I hope everyone has a good time here, and maybe help some people as well! :bubbles:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Woohoo :dance:
Original post by Chopinnocturne31

so this is a guy who cruised though school is it chop.....................i tell you you are all so smart even dezer is so smart and clever and he was seen by teachers as underperforming yet to me he looks like a AAA for everything
Reply 3

WOOOOHOOO:woo:

It still has a lot till its finished! I am sooo tired been at it for 3 hours now :boring:
Reply 4
Original post by Goldie-Is-King
so this is a guy who cruised though school is it chop.....................i tell you you are all so smart even dezer is so smart and clever and he was seen by teachers as underperforming yet to me he looks like a AAA for everything

Ahaha that very kind :heart: of you but I really didn't do that well for my GCSE's, and looking back I have a lot of regrets! :cry2:
Original post by .Dezer.
Ahaha that very kind :heart: of you but I really didn't do that well for my GCSE's, and looking back I have a lot of regrets! :cry2:

unless you got 1 for everything your better than me:smile:

You’re smart too Goldie 😡
Reply 7
Will do still haven’t finished the tags bit, but obviously I’m tagging you 😊
Original post by .Dezer.
WOOOOHOOO:woo:

It still has a lot till its finished! I am sooo tired been at it for 3 hours now :boring:

It’s fiiineee. You can take a well deserved break and get back at it tomorrow :biggrin:
You’re smart too Goldie 😡

I asked ella to teach me stuff(she wants to be a teacher) so im more clever than now but it was turned down lol:u:

however she improving confidence she is gonna help me with:smile:
I asked ella to teach me stuff(she wants to be a teacher) so im more clever than now but it was turned down lol:u:

however she improving confidence she is gonna help me with:smile:

You’re clever enough as it is Goldie :biggrin: theres nothing left to teach you 🤓
You’re clever enough as it is Goldie :biggrin: theres nothing left to teach you 🤓

I know your being kind but thats not true is it otherwise i would be at collage studying for uni:confused:
Good luck!! I hope you manage to show your teachers that you’re capable of AAA before you send off your uni apps :hugs:
I know your being kind but thats not true is it otherwise i would be at collage studying for uni:confused:

I am pming you :biggrin:
Original post by .Dezer.

:headfire: WELCOME TO MY GYG :headfire:

:woo: My first ever GYG :woo:

Hi everyone :hello:, welcome to my first ever GYG I don't know if I am scared :afraid: or excited :dance: but either way I know I want to put a lot of effort into this because its quite personal to me. I have never really found learning as something fun (until recently anyways), I was one of the cruisers I think they call it during GCSE’s, this was due to many factors, I had a lot of Anxiety, suffered a lot from bullying, and not to mention missing a couple years of school, because I was sent of to a boarding school. All this combined, I cracked and I needed an escape, and there it was "Gaming", it was an easy option to fall onto due to the fact I could make new friends on there who don't know me personally to judge me and all the cared about was if I was good at the game, and ofcourse I was because I was breathing "Gaming" at that point, so I underperformed for my GCSE's. I had no one to help me out and put me in the right direction, so I messed up a big crucial part of my life and knowing that I could have done a lot better than I did, till this day hurts me...BUT enough of all that negativity :viking:, why I made this thread is to show people that its never really late to turn things around! :yeah: My first year of my A Levels didn't go as planned due to the Corona Virus, which meant my teachers had to predict what I would get, and like I said, during my GCSE's I wasn't the best student, so I was not predicted all A's, even though I worked really hard during Y12, it came down to my teachers looking at my GCSE's and making a realistic judgement of what they think I could have done...it was quite annoying :rant: but I can't really dwell on the past now...so lets try and make sure I am 100% ready for the upcoming January MOCK's :yep: .

My A-Level's

Spoiler

My Predicted Grades

Spoiler

My Plan And What To Do When It Goes Down The Ditch

Spoiler

A-Level Stuff To Go Over

Chemistry

Spoiler

Physics

Spoiler

Maths

Spoiler

Going through the same thing, will need to prove my teachers that I can get better predicted or I’ll have to apply to good unis through adjustment, such a stressful situation! Good luck
Ooh thank you for the tag! Will definitely be reading! :dance:
thx for the tag 🤠
Well done for having predicted grades 2 grads higher than my actually achieved grades!
I got an abysmal unacceptable despicable BCD
good luck, tag me please
Reply 19
Original post by laurawatt
Good luck!! I hope you manage to show your teachers that you’re capable of AAA before you send off your uni apps :hugs:

Thanks! :jumphug:

I hope I do as well, but ye worst case is going through Clearing :afraid:

Original post by Panjsuce
Going through the same thing, will need to prove my teachers that I can get better predicted or I’ll have to apply to good unis through adjustment, such a stressful situation! Good luck

Its nice to know I am not the only one, I hope you get the grades you need, but I mean like I said worst case is going through Adjustment/Clearing! :crossedf:

It is very stressful and just scary thinking about it :ahhhhh:

Original post by Nutella!
Ooh thank you for the tag! Will definitely be reading! :dance:

Eyyy thanks, Nutella! :hugs:

Original post by Raptor Jesus
thx for the tag 🤠

No Problemo, :colone:

Original post by Laurence010401
Well done for having predicted grades 2 grads higher than my actually achieved grades!
I got an abysmal unacceptable despicable BCD

Are you goint to do the Autum Exams? Or did you get the grades you needed? :tux:
Its OK :console:

Original post by jemima0103
good luck, tag me please

Will do, and Thanks! :yeah:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending