Moving secondary schools

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all

I’m a year 9 student deciding whether to move schools and how it could affect my health. I currently go to a fairly good partially selective school and am now considering a place at a top performing grammar school. Could anyone please share advice? Factors I should consider? Your own personal anecdotes?

Thanks so much for your help.
bettinakovacs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think you should go for whatever YOU like.
Why do you want to change schools ? Why would it affect your mental heath ? Have you been bullied at your old school ?

Whenever. you move out and go into something new, it is normal that your mental is going to be a little confused, lost and scared. So don't worry about it. In the beginning, everything is hard but if you LOVE what you do, you will get used to it and you will be able to see the positive out of it. Make sure you like what you're doing, otherwise you won't have motivation to keep on doing it!

Good luck!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bettinakovacs)
I think you should go for whatever YOU like.
Why do you want to change schools ? Why would it affect your mental heath ? Have you been bullied at your old school ?

Whenever. you move out and go into something new, it is normal that your mental is going to be a little confused, lost and scared. So don't worry about it. In the beginning, everything is hard but if you LOVE what you do, you will get used to it and you will be able to see the positive out of it. Make sure you like what you're doing, otherwise you won't have motivation to keep on doing it!

Good luck!
Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
nightingalegend
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i moved countries just before year 9, moving schools will take some time to get used to but you’ll be fine
Last edited by nightingalegend; 1 week ago
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A few people in my previous years came to my school in Year 9 and adjusted well after a short time, it's a matter of warming up to your environment which is entirely normal.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by nightingalegend)
i moved countries just before year 9, moving schools will take some time to get used to but you’ll be fine
Thank you 🙏
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
A few people in my previous years came to my school in Year 9 and adjusted well after a short time, it's a matter of warming up to your environment which is entirely normal.
Thank you for your input. Much appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (1)
16.67%
Less motivated (5)
83.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise