The Student Room Group

Fight with my mom

I had a fight with my mum yesterday.
It all started when I lost my AirPods’ case and just asked my parents if they saw it somewhere.
My mum was asking me useless questions, so many that it turned out annoying and i got a feeling full of anger towards her.
She always thinks she knows better and she is always all over the place. The other night I had a friend coming over and she literally set next to my friend, asking him if he wanted food. He said no and she still kept on bringing...she just sat there next to him, staring at us. I’m 21 and she still wants to be all around me whenever she has the occasion.
I can’t manage how to get her out of my life. Even when I was abroad she was texting me. Now I’m at home and I was gone through breakup and she is forcing me to open up to her. I don’t want to.
I had a fight with my grandma a month ago that turned out pretty harsh and her brother told her (yeah my grandma talks too much, can’t deal with her problems and involves other people to make herself feel better). So obviously he spread the fight over to my mum and told her that I should be more respectful.
My mum, after our fight yesterday, came up to my this morning to yell at me and to threaten me. She told me that I was super disrespectful, not just to her but to my grandma. She said that she will be involving my father and her brother if I continue to be disrespectful. She threatened me to cut 20 bucks off my pocket money for school whenever she finds that I don’t respect her.
She always wants to cut off money when she judges that I’m disrespectful (most of the times I just express myself but she doesn’t agree with what I say).

They both knew I was, and is still going through a lot of emotions and they (my mum and grandma) enter my personal space too often so I cut the crap and tell them I want them out for a while. They cannot take no for an answer.
My mum keeps asking me everyday how I feel. I don’t want to feel anything and she knows it’s hard but she keeps on asking. That’s the last question I want to answer to tbh.
I have been going to a psychologist and now my dad wants her out because «*I have to get on with life by my own*».
What should I do ?
I’m about to do my masters degree abroad but honestly they don’t motivate me at all. They didn’t even help me in the process. I did everything on my own while going through breakup/trauma/betrayal/harassment. And they knew about it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by bettinakovacs
I had a fight with my mum yesterday.
It all started when I lost my AirPods’ case and just asked my parents if they saw it somewhere.
My mum was asking me useless questions, so many that it turned out annoying and i got a feeling full of anger towards her.
She always thinks she knows better and she is always all over the place. The other night I had a friend coming over and she literally set next to my friend, asking him if he wanted food. He said no and she still kept on bringing...she just sat there next to him, staring at us. I’m 21 and she still wants to be all around me whenever she has the occasion.
I can’t manage how to get her out of my life. Even when I was abroad she was texting me. Now I’m at home and I was gone through breakup and she is forcing me to open up to her. I don’t want to.
I had a fight with my grandma a month ago that turned out pretty harsh and her brother told her (yeah my grandma talks too much, can’t deal with her problems and involves other people to make herself feel better). So obviously he spread the fight over to my mum and told her that I should be more respectful.
My mum, after our fight yesterday, came up to my this morning to yell at me and to threaten me. She told me that I was super disrespectful, not just to her but to my grandma. She said that she will be involving my father and her brother if I continue to be disrespectful. She threatened me to cut 20 bucks off my pocket money for school whenever she finds that I don’t respect her.
She always wants to cut off money when she judges that I’m disrespectful (most of the times I just express myself but she doesn’t agree with what I say).

They both knew I was, and is still going through a lot of emotions and they (my mum and grandma) enter my personal space too often so I cut the crap and tell them I want them out for a while. They cannot take no for an answer.
My mum keeps asking me everyday how I feel. I don’t want to feel anything and she knows it’s hard but she keeps on asking. That’s the last question I want to answer to tbh.
I have been going to a psychologist and now my dad wants her out because «*I have to get on with life by my own*».
What should I do ?
I’m about to do my masters degree abroad but honestly they don’t motivate me at all. They didn’t even help me in the process. I did everything on my own while going through breakup/trauma/betrayal/harassment. And they knew about it.

Could you take your family to one of your therapy sessions to do a group session, maybe your psychologist could help you out? Normally I would say sit everyone down and explain how their questioning and insisting you be open is making you feel and is actually pushing you away, but it doesn't sound like that would be productive in your case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending