The Student Room Group

Unprotected sex on day of ovulation. Will I be okay

I had sex with a guy two days ago and the condom split. I am on no contraception. Ovulation would have occurred on the day of sex but sometimes my periods are long so could be two days or so after.
I thought I’d be okay as mistakes happen and the chance of pregnancy from one sex is very low. Although I’ve got a very strong pain in my left side of my pelvis and I’m getting worried.
What’s the chance of pregnancy if you have unprotected sex around ovulation?
Original post by Anonymous
I had sex with a guy two days ago and the condom split. I am on no contraception. Ovulation would have occurred on the day of sex but sometimes my periods are long so could be two days or so after.
I thought I’d be okay as mistakes happen and the chance of pregnancy from one sex is very low. Although I’ve got a very strong pain in my left side of my pelvis and I’m getting worried.

Obviously, the chances of having unprotected sex at ovulation will be reasonably high, as this is when your body is most prepared to get pregnant. It only takes a single healthy sperm in your vagina to get you pregnant, so yes the chance of pregnancy from "one sex", especially around ovulation, is still too high to ignore in my opinion. Sperm can survive inside the vagina for up to 5 days. Just to clarify, I'm not saying that you are pregnant or that you are very likely to be pregnant.

The pain in your left side would be unrelated to a possible pregnancy because it has only been 2 days, and you would not be able to feel anything. Maybe you pulled a muscle during sex or slept a bit weird.

Did the man ejaculate? If he did, then did this occur before or after the condom split?

Obviously the risk of pregnancy is there but there are so many variables meaning it's impossible to say exactly what the chance of pregnancy is in this case. The only thing you can do is to wait two weeks and then take a pregnancy test or until you get your next period, as it takes about 2 weeks for tests to show a positive result in the event of pregnancy.

On another note, are you in a relationship with this guy? Are you both clean of STDs? It may be worth also getting an STD check in a few weeks time if you are unsure about his STD status, because obviously a split condom no longer protects against infections.
Original post by Anonymous

girl i’m freaking out aswell, i had sex 2 days ago, unprotected. not sure if i’m ovulating or not but he didn’t get a chance to finish. there was oral involved before intimacy so i’m hoping there was no pre c0m during sex. my period isn’t until 16th of october so i’m waiting until then and then taking a test n if it’s positive it will have to b an abortion
The sharp pain could also be you ovulating. That is actually a really common symptom of ovulation. Keep note of when your period is supposed to start and try taking a pregnancy test 3-5 days before and/or after that date (unless you get your period). Good luck!!
Hi, I am 21 Years Old. Could dry humping, lead to pregnancy if I was wearing my thin layer of panties and my boyfriend, his thick panties? I have this doubt because both of us were wet and our underpants were too. But after he had ejaculated, within two minutes, I had changed my panties and washed off. I am really scared if it could lead to pregnancy, and if so what are the ways I could prevent it from happening ? Please Help. I had my last period on the 1st of March, and I am ovulating now as of today. Please tell me.
Reply 5
I did get pregnant and now have a two weeks old 😂
wait, for real? I guess congratulations! Also may I just ask if you are keeping the baby/how old are you? I am having a girlriend and we have sex, we use condoms and she is also on pill, but sometimes doesnt take it at exact time. I wanna ask what do people do when they end up pregnant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending