The Student Room Group

are these good choices

hello,I'm an international applicant for computer science, and i was wondering if the following are good choices [edit:] considering the living costs, social life, uni support, etc. apart from the actual courses :
1.oxford university
2.Imperial college London
3. king's college London
4. university of Edinburgh
5. university of Bristol
(edited 3 years ago)
No, Oxford is a terrible choice.

What are you looking for people to tell you?
Reply 2
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
No, Oxford is a terrible choice.

What are you looking for people to tell you?

it is kind of clear.. if these are good choices.. since i am not that familiar with the education in the uk
Reply 3
I would advise to apply cam.
Original post by fadyabus
it is kind of clear.. if these are good choices.. since i am not that familiar with the education in the uk

You know very well they're good choices, you've got the best university in the world on your list among several other top-ranking universities.
hello,I'm an international applicant for computer science, and i was wondering if the following are good choices:1. oxford university2. imperial college London3. king's college London4. university of Edinburgh5. university of bristol

Oxford is of course the best. Then Imperial is second best. The rest are decent, but I've heard bad things about King's. Also there have been many suicides at Bristol in recent years.
Reply 6
You know very well they're good choices, you've got the best university in the world on your list among several other top-ranking universities.

dude just give it a break, yes obviously oxford is great... i'm talking about the rest.. and no that isn't that obvious for students outside the uk because not any top ranked uni is actually like that
Reply 7
Original post by calorimetry
Oxford is of course the best. Then Imperial is second best. The rest are decent, but I've heard bad things about King's. Also there have been many suicides at Bristol in recent years.

oh that's enlightening lol, thanks :smile:
dude just give it a break, yes obviously oxford is great... i'm talking about the rest.. and no that isn't that obvious for students outside the uk because not any top ranked uni is actually like that

Wdym?
Reply 9
Wdym?

considering the living costs, social life, uni support, etc. apart from the actual courses
Reply 10
Original post by IU12345
I would advise to apply cam.

can you explain why? i saw online that they had more places for cs, but is more competitive that oxford(?)
considering the living costs, social life, uni support, etc. apart from the actual courses

It's worth making it clear that these are things you want to know about. And then you'd be better posting separate threads in the respective sub forums for these unis to talk to current students. "Are these good choices" is a pretty subjective question, you need to be more clear about what you actually want to know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending