fadyabus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hello,I'm an international applicant for computer science, and i was wondering if the following are good choices [edit:] considering the living costs, social life, uni support, etc. apart from the actual courses :
1.oxford university
2.Imperial college London
3. king's college London
4. university of Edinburgh
5. university of Bristol
Last edited by fadyabus; 3 weeks ago
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No, Oxford is a terrible choice.

What are you looking for people to tell you?
fadyabus
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
No, Oxford is a terrible choice.

What are you looking for people to tell you?
it is kind of clear.. if these are good choices.. since i am not that familiar with the education in the uk
IU12345
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would advise to apply cam.
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by fadyabus)
it is kind of clear.. if these are good choices.. since i am not that familiar with the education in the uk
You know very well they're good choices, you've got the best university in the world on your list among several other top-ranking universities.
calorimetry
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hello,I'm an international applicant for computer science, and i was wondering if the following are good choices:1. oxford university2. imperial college London3. king's college London4. university of Edinburgh5. university of bristol
Oxford is of course the best. Then Imperial is second best. The rest are decent, but I've heard bad things about King's. Also there have been many suicides at Bristol in recent years.
fadyabus
Rep:
?
You know very well they're good choices, you've got the best university in the world on your list among several other top-ranking universities.
dude just give it a break, yes obviously oxford is great... i'm talking about the rest.. and no that isn't that obvious for students outside the uk because not any top ranked uni is actually like that
fadyabus
Rep:
?
(Original post by calorimetry)
Oxford is of course the best. Then Imperial is second best. The rest are decent, but I've heard bad things about King's. Also there have been many suicides at Bristol in recent years.
oh that's enlightening lol, thanks
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
dude just give it a break, yes obviously oxford is great... i'm talking about the rest.. and no that isn't that obvious for students outside the uk because not any top ranked uni is actually like that
Wdym?
fadyabus
Rep:
?
Wdym?
considering the living costs, social life, uni support, etc. apart from the actual courses
fadyabus
Rep:
?
(Original post by IU12345)
I would advise to apply cam.
can you explain why? i saw online that they had more places for cs, but is more competitive that oxford(?)
AcseI
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
considering the living costs, social life, uni support, etc. apart from the actual courses
It's worth making it clear that these are things you want to know about. And then you'd be better posting separate threads in the respective sub forums for these unis to talk to current students. "Are these good choices" is a pretty subjective question, you need to be more clear about what you actually want to know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.23%
I'm not sure (8)
2.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.11%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.32%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.7%

Watched Threads