The Student Room Group

Transfer to mpharm using foundation year

Hello,
I’m interested in applying for mpharm 2021 at Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham for the moment. Anyone on here been through the process of transferring to another uni or pharmacy? I’m not happy with the uni I’m at right now. Foundation years are quite tricky because they are not as straight forward as a levels because it depends on individual basis. Thanks
I'm assuming that you are talking about a standard Year 0 Foundation, and not an International Foundation year for overseas applicants.

Usually Foundation courses are only 'worth' what the entry requirements for the main degree at that same Uni.
Therefore you wont be able to use this to 'trade up' to a another Uni with higher requirements.

Foundation courses are designed around the content of the specific Uni degree they feed into - they aren't designed as stand-alone qualifications to use elsewhere like A levels etc.
Original post by McGinger
I'm assuming that you are talking about a standard Year 0 Foundation, and not an International Foundation year for overseas applicants.

Usually Foundation courses are only 'worth' what the entry requirements for the main degree at that same Uni.
Therefore you wont be able to use this to 'trade up' to a another Uni with higher requirements.

Foundation courses are designed around the content of the specific Uni degree they feed into - they aren't designed as stand-alone qualifications to use elsewhere like A levels etc.

Yeah the foundation years for uk students. But aren’t all pharmacy courses similar? Anyways year 1 pharmacy at most universities tend to be basic chemistry etc so everyone on the course is at the same place

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending