The Student Room Group

Qualifications

I am currently studying the subjects business, sociology and art for my a levels however, I have had a change in mind with what I what to do in the future and as a career which is to study pharmacy at the University of Manchester.
The university offers a foundation course but I dont know whether I can or will be able to do the course due to my a levels
Please can I have some advice or help urgently. Thanks
Original post by MaimunaT2
I am currently studying the subjects business, sociology and art for my a levels however, I have had a change in mind with what I what to do in the future and as a career which is to study pharmacy at the University of Manchester.
The university offers a foundation course but I dont know whether I can or will be able to do the course due to my a levels
Please can I have some advice or help urgently. Thanks

@MaimunaT2
A possible option for you would be to do an Access to HE course. You may be encouraged to do one in science by various providers, however the course that you need would be an Access to Pharmacy course and I believe there is one run by the Manchester College in your area *. They are typically one year. As you have started Level 3 you would have to take out an advanced learner loan to do the course, but this is written off when you graduate from University.

*I work for a rival institution that does not deliver the Pharmacy option, but I do teach on an access program

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest