The Student Room Group

Moving back home

I'm a second year student, finding uni very isolating right now since I didn't make close friends last year and I don't think I can stay here much longer without ****ing up my mental health. My uni work is also taking a hit because of my low mood. The only solutions i can think of are transferring (which seems a bit late now), or more realistically moving back home. Everything's mostly online anyway with the exception of some group coursework, which i suppose i can commute (1 1/2 hr train ride ) for. Do i need to let my personal tutor know that I'm making this change?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a second year student, finding uni very isolating right now since I didn't make close friends last year and I don't think I can stay here much longer without ****ing up my mental health. My uni work is also taking a hit because of my low mood. The only solutions i can think of are transferring (which seems a bit late now), or more realistically moving back home. Everything's mostly online anyway with the exception of some group coursework, which i suppose i can commute (1 1/2 hr train ride ) for. Do i need to let my personal tutor know that I'm making this change?

Yes, you need to tell your university and student finance.
Original post by Anonymous

Hiya!

I'm sorry to hear you're not enjoying uni that much :frown:

I would recommend talking to your university's study support team as they can provide some advice about the uni work you have and how to deal with it in the best way. They can also give some general advice for who else you can talk to to help you in your situation.

I think you will need to speak to Student Finance if you do decide to move as well as emailing your personal tutor to ask for their opinion on what to do.

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
Yes, you need to tell your university and student finance.

thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hiya!

I'm sorry to hear you're not enjoying uni that much :frown:

I would recommend talking to your university's study support team as they can provide some advice about the uni work you have and how to deal with it in the best way. They can also give some general advice for who else you can talk to to help you in your situation.

I think you will need to speak to Student Finance if you do decide to move as well as emailing your personal tutor to ask for their opinion on what to do.

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Thank you :smile: i'll be sure to contact my university ask them for advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending