Could it be cancer?

Watch
jessicaelliot97
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've been having severe fatigue and chest pain for the past few months. As well as that, a lymph node on my neck has been swollen for the last couple of weeks and seems to be hardening. I went to the GP who took blood and sent me for a chest x-ray. The blood results came back fairly normal (slight elevation but nothing concerning) however the chest x-ray showed more enlarged lymph nodes around my chest. I'm being sent for an urgent CT scan next week and then a potential biopsy. Obviously the GP is pretty reluctant to say it's cancer but it seems to be heading that way. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms and if so was it anything to worry about?
Last edited by jessicaelliot97; 4 weeks ago
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you have further symptoms? Such as loss of appetite, unexplained weight loss etc?
A+B+C
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You should really speak with your doctor about these concerns. We're not medical professionals and shouldn't be giving medical advice.
jessicaelliot97
Rep:
?
(Original post by A+B+C)
You should really speak with your doctor about these concerns. We're not medical professionals and shouldn't be giving medical advice.
Hi, I'm not asking for medical advice. I'm asking if anyone has been in a similar situation and if so was it anything concerning. I get that people can't give professional guidance
jessicaelliot97
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Do you have further symptoms? Such as loss of appetite, unexplained weight loss etc?
Not really no, and just to add I understand that people can't offer a diagnosis (obvs) I'm just a bit concerned and reaching out to see if anyone's been in the same boat!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (18)
31.58%
No - I have already returned home (8)
14.04%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (11)
19.3%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (2)
3.51%
No - I live at home during term anyway (18)
31.58%

Watched Threads