The Student Room Group

Could it be cancer?

I've been having severe fatigue and chest pain for the past few months. As well as that, a lymph node on my neck has been swollen for the last couple of weeks and seems to be hardening. I went to the GP who took blood and sent me for a chest x-ray. The blood results came back fairly normal (slight elevation but nothing concerning) however the chest x-ray showed more enlarged lymph nodes around my chest. I'm being sent for an urgent CT scan next week and then a potential biopsy. Obviously the GP is pretty reluctant to say it's cancer but it seems to be heading that way. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms and if so was it anything to worry about?
(edited 3 years ago)
Do you have further symptoms? Such as loss of appetite, unexplained weight loss etc?
Reply 2
You should really speak with your doctor about these concerns. We're not medical professionals and shouldn't be giving medical advice.
Original post by A+B+C
You should really speak with your doctor about these concerns. We're not medical professionals and shouldn't be giving medical advice.

Hi, I'm not asking for medical advice. I'm asking if anyone has been in a similar situation and if so was it anything concerning. I get that people can't give professional guidance
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Do you have further symptoms? Such as loss of appetite, unexplained weight loss etc?

Not really no, and just to add I understand that people can't offer a diagnosis (obvs) I'm just a bit concerned and reaching out to see if anyone's been in the same boat!
Original post by jessicaelliot97
I've been having severe fatigue and chest pain for the past few months. As well as that, a lymph node on my neck has been swollen for the last couple of weeks and seems to be hardening. I went to the GP who took blood and sent me for a chest x-ray. The blood results came back fairly normal (slight elevation but nothing concerning) however the chest x-ray showed more enlarged lymph nodes around my chest. I'm being sent for an urgent CT scan next week and then a potential biopsy. Obviously the GP is pretty reluctant to say it's cancer but it seems to be heading that way. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms and if so was it anything to worry about?

Hi Jessica! I’ve been experiencing the same since January. Started off with swollen lymph node on my neck (behind tonsils area). It isn’t going away and feels like it’s growing. Now the left side of my chest seems a bit tighter than usual and having heart aches when taking deep breathes. My blood tests also came back normal but the GP referred me to an ultrasound scan. It feels like half my throat is blocked. I’m worried as if my blood tests all came normal (including blood count) then why am I experiencing these symptoms?

How are you doing now?

Quick Reply

Latest