The Student Room Group

should I ask Uni when I'll get a reply??

Hey,

I applied for uni on the day applications opened (8th September) as the course I applied for starts in January 2021 and I wanted to prevent exactly this situation from happening

I've had offers from both my other choices (about a month ago) but still nothing from my first choice and I feel like I'm running out of time, I still need to apply for accommodation (depending on Covid obviously) and just basically know what I'm going to be doing in 2 months and if i'm actually going to be starting uni

There's absolutely no advice online for January applications and UCAS said the uni's have their own deadlines for January intake. I don't have any idea of a timeframe like you'd be given if you're applying for September - my application still says I'll have a response by May 2021

I know they're definitely extra busy right now but I'm wondering if it would be wise to call them and ask when I can expect to get a response??? or should I just wait because they know what they're doing?

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by melp1997
Hey,

I applied for uni on the day applications opened (8th September) as the course I applied for starts in January 2021 and I wanted to prevent exactly this situation from happening

I've had offers from both my other choices (about a month ago) but still nothing from my first choice and I feel like I'm running out of time, I still need to apply for accommodation etc and just basically know what I'm going to be doing in 2 months!

There's absolutely no advice online for January applications and UCAS said the uni's have their own deadlines for January intake. I don't have any idea of a timeframe like you'd be given if you're applying for September - my application still says I'll have a response by May 2021

I know they're definitely extra busy right now but I'm wondering if it would be wise to call them and ask when I can expect to get a response??? or should I just wait because they know what they're doing?

Hi,
You should definitely call them and see what they say.
Good luck!
Yes, most definitely give them a call!
okay I will do! wasn't sure if it would make me look bad lol, thanks guys :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending