The Student Room Group

Second undergraduate funding

Hello,
I’m currently interested in pursuing a second undergraduate degree in physiotherapy and am a little confused about the funding situation.

From what I can gather, I can receive all of my tuition loan and all of my maintenance loan as my course falls under the allied health professions list which is to receive funding from the government.
Added to this, I am also eligible for an additional bursary scheme of up to £5000 per year from the NHS due to similar characteristics.

I am unsure whether this is correct and I’m currently just trying to piece together what I can, please could you help clear this up?
Regards George.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by GGillson1
Hello,
I’m currently interested in pursuing a second undergraduate degree in physiotherapy and am a little confused about the funding situation.

From what I can gather, I can receive all of my tuition loan and all of my maintenance loan as my course falls under the allied health professions list which is to receive funding from the government.
Added to this, I am also eligible for an additional bursary scheme of up to £5000 per year from the NHS due to similar characteristics.

I am unsure whether this is correct and I’m currently just trying to piece together what I can, please could you help clear this up?
Regards George.

Hi, as long as you are not already registered in this field then you will be able to apply for full funding from us.

The NHS Grant won't affect your SFE funding, you can receive both. You should speak to the NHS regarding eligibility for this grant.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Hi isaac, thank you for you reply, in regards to being already registered in this field do you mean in terms of previous degree or current job title?
As my previous degree is in sport and exercise science and in terms of current job titles I’m currently working as a therapy assistant for the NHS to get clinical experience with patients, would this limit my ability to receive funding?
Regards, George.
Original post by GGillson1
Hi isaac, thank you for you reply, in regards to being already registered in this field do you mean in terms of previous degree or current job title?
As my previous degree is in sport and exercise science and in terms of current job titles I’m currently working as a therapy assistant for the NHS to get clinical experience with patients, would this limit my ability to receive funding?
Regards, George.

If you are already registered in the physiotherapy field, as far as I'm aware I think this is if you are already a physiotherapist or you are registered with the NHS or other relevant body. If you are not registered in this field then you will be able to apply.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending