The Student Room Group

University residency proof

A university has asked me to prove that I'm eligible for home fees. I've sent them my proof of settled status, as I've lived in the UK for 15 years, but they said I need a BRP? I know it's a card that proves indefinite leave to remain but I thought that settled status is enough? I'm so confused because I have neither a UK passport or a BRP but I have settled status and have lived here for over 5 years, so thought that's enough? A previous uni already asked for this proof and gave me an offer as a home student so I don't understand why this uni isn't accepting it?
You'll have to take this up with the University concerned - no-one here is an immigration expert, and we cannot advise you.
I am in a similar position. I had 2 offers already accepting me as a home student but already had 3 emails from one asking for more and more information????
My understanding is that unis are awaiting guidance from the government regarding EU nationals with settled or pre-settled status. To my knowledge, some are making offers with a 'TBA' fee status whilst it appears others are making offers on a Home fee basis, (that is their prerogative, each uni conducts its own fee assessment). Your best bet is to follow the fee assessment process for each uni and keep an eye on the UKCISA webpages for any updates:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/EU-EEA--Swiss-Students/Brexit---fees-and-Student-Support
I just had an update... I am accepted as a home student:smile:
Original post by Anna-Sophie29
I am in a similar position. I had 2 offers already accepting me as a home student but already had 3 emails from one asking for more and more information????

i don’t understand why they’re just not accepting the documents i’m sending them lmao

oh that’s good, congrats! :biggrin:
Original post by Admit-One
My understanding is that unis are awaiting guidance from the government regarding EU nationals with settled or pre-settled status.

They have not decided how to handle this .....!
Its not like they had any warning or anything is it - can this government get any more useless?
Original post by McGinger
They have not decided how to handle this .....!
Its not like they had any warning or anything is it - can this government get any more useless?

I’m not saying the government is wildly incompetent and should have sorted this out months ago but, yeah.

Is it for 2020-2021 or 2021-2022?
Original post by Ne en mia nomo
Is it for 2020-2021 or 2021-2022?

2020-21 students have already accepted their fee status and have been enrolled, (unless one of a very small number of January starts).
Entry 2021

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending