The Student Room Group

Funding for BA top up after a degree apprenticehip

Hi,

Have been looking for the answer for this question everywhere and was wondering if you could help? This year I have completed a degree apprenticeship at level 5 which is equivalent to foundation degree level, this was also funded via the app levy of my employer (not though SFE), the course length was officially 2.5 years but completed in 18months but one set payment was made for the course by my employer.

I would now like to top this up into a full BA and have found a course at Portsmouth University that is delivered part time starting sept 2021 and is over 18 months, the question I have would I now be eligible to claim the funding from SFE for this whole course?

There is a lot of information about, just not aimed at degree apprenticeships so any help would be great! Thank you.
Original post by Simond2020
Hi,

Have been looking for the answer for this question everywhere and was wondering if you could help? This year I have completed a degree apprenticeship at level 5 which is equivalent to foundation degree level, this was also funded via the app levy of my employer (not though SFE), the course length was officially 2.5 years but completed in 18months but one set payment was made for the course by my employer.

I would now like to top this up into a full BA and have found a course at Portsmouth University that is delivered part time starting sept 2021 and is over 18 months, the question I have would I now be eligible to claim the funding from SFE for this whole course?

There is a lot of information about, just not aimed at degree apprenticeships so any help would be great! Thank you.

Hi, what is your Nationality? Have you ever had any Higher Education previous study?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Hi Isaac,Higher education as in degrees? I hold the degree apprenticeship which is foundation level no other previous studies or applications for student finance, I am British in nationality. Thanks, Simon
Hi Isaac,Higher education as in degrees? I hold the degree apprenticeship which is foundation level no other previous studies or applications for student finance, I am British in nationality. Thanks, Simon

An apprenticeship is further education and usually a level 2.
Can you confirm you hold a foundation degree?

If your BA hons course is part time, then you should be funded as it's a higher qualification than the foundation degree.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Hi Isaac, yes the degree apprenticehip I completed was a degree apprenticeship which is the equivalent level, great to know the funding is available.Just one more question I was made redundant as a result of Covid-19, I am currently not in employment would I just put my salary as zero and update when I am back in work?Thanks for all your help so far! Simon
Hi Isaac, yes the degree apprenticehip I completed was a degree apprenticeship which is the equivalent level, great to know the funding is available.Just one more question I was made redundant as a result of Covid-19, I am currently not in employment would I just put my salary as zero and update when I am back in work?Thanks for all your help so far! Simon

We don't need to know about a students earned income unless your employer pays you to go to university (releases you to study).
You shouldn't input your salary anywhere.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending