The Student Room Group

Bf broke up with me and found someone else

So my bf has broken up with me a few days he used lockdown as an excuse but now I found out he's already with someone else and I know who she is, I'm crying all the time and just can't believe he's done this despite he said he wouldn't break up with me at the start of lockdown how do I get over him? How do I get revenge? Should I hide and watch his house and snitch on her when she goes round?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Promising to stay together is nonsensical, nobody gets into a relationship originally planning on breaking up. Things just happen and get in the way sometimes. Your ex finding someone else is part of moving on and you need to move on too.
Dont be immature, revenge is petty and childish.
Reply 2
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Promising to stay together is nonsensical, nobody gets into a relationship originally planning on breaking up. Things just happen and get in the way sometimes. Your ex finding someone else is part of moving on and you need to move on too.
Dont be immature, revenge is petty and childish.

How has he got over me already and got with another girl I'm sure he's only doing this because I didn't want to break lockdown rules
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
How has he got over me already and got with another girl I'm sure he's only doing this because I didn't want to break lockdown rules

Who knows. It doesnt matter much though, whatever the reason you shouldnt be focusing all your time on him.
Why do you think that?
Reply 4
Who knows. It doesnt matter much though, whatever the reason you shouldnt be focusing all your time on him.
Why do you think that?

Well before lockdown we always saw each other but after promising not to end it at the start of lockdown he soon became distant
Don’t get revenge, he’s parted ways. Revenge is a sign of weakness, use this as a lesson and get stronger mentally, emotionally & physically.
Revenge is extremely petty. Snitching on her won’t do any good, she has nothing to do with this, don’t try and get revenge on a girl just because your boyfriend moved on. I advise you do the same & move on to.
Reply 7
Well before lockdown we always saw each other but after promising not to end it at the start of lockdown he soon became distant

Lockdown took a took on many relationships, its hard not being able to see your partner. As you said in the OP, thats also the reason he gave..
Reply 8
Lockdown took a took on many relationships, its hard not being able to see your partner. As you said in the OP, thats also the reason he gave..

Why do this get with someone else when it's lockdown what did he have to gain
So my bf has broken up with me a few days he used lockdown as an excuse but now I found out he's already with someone else and I know who she is, I'm crying all the time and just can't believe he's done this despite he said he wouldn't break up with me at the start of lockdown how do I get over him? How do I get revenge? Should I hide and watch his house and snitch on her when she goes round?

How old are you both and how long were you together?
Did you believe you were going to marry him and live together for the next 60 years?
Hide and watch his house?? You sound a bit psycho tbh.
So my bf has broken up with me a few days he used lockdown as an excuse but now I found out he's already with someone else and I know who she is, I'm crying all the time and just can't believe he's done this despite he said he wouldn't break up with me at the start of lockdown how do I get over him? How do I get revenge? Should I hide and watch his house and snitch on her when she goes round

The best revenge is no revenge, I've been in your position and I felt so broken and bitter that I even thought of stabbing both of them but its all just anger and pain. Its not worth it at all.
I would like to think you gave it your all and that is why you are feeling hurt and that's okay, you have the right to but revenge will only make you feel worse.
Look it's gonna take a while but let the emotions play out allow yourself to grieve, then get up dust yourself off and move on with your life, you know better now and will not compromise going forward.
Trust, you'll be alright 🌸
Original post by 999tigger
How old are you both and how long were you together?
Did you believe you were going to marry him and live together for the next 60 years?

I'm 18 he's 20
I'm 18 he's 20

How long together?
Why does he say you split up and why do you think?
Do you believe you were the perfect bf and gf?

If he broke up with you solely because of lockdown rules, he's definitely not worth your time. If anything, he's a waste of your time now so try to distract yourself by talking to friends, talking to new people etc. Stay strong, you've got this!!!

Things like there arent for revenge, it's for learning. Not saying it's your fault, but next relationship you're in - Try to observe their actions a bit more carefully, not too much tho.

If he did truly break up with you because you didn't want to break lockdown restrictions then that just shows what a waste of space he is. He's clearly not worth your time. And if he's using lockdown as an excuse then he's not mature enough to deal with any issues in the relationship and communicate his feelings. Either way, at least you can see his true colours now.
Reply 17
Even if he did breakup with you only because you wanted to follow lockdown rules, this means he is an arse and you are best rid. The only good response is move on in a carefree way and ultimately to find someone better. Revenge will only backfire.
Let yourself feel your emotions, get angry, cry, be upset and give yourself time. A lot of time, sometimes. Heartbreak takes a while to heal, but heal it does. And you learn from it.
Look on the bright side: In 100 years you'll both be dead and none of this will matter!

Hopefully he'll die in his 50s from heart disease having had a short unfulfilling life. While you'll travel the world dating some Brad Pitt-looking mofos and you'll live 'till you're 95.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending