The Student Room Group

Gf has admitted she likes someone else while at uni

I'm gutted just been on face time to my gf she had been distant lately and now tonight she admitted she likes someone else and has slept with them while at university, she told me she felt the spark had gone and with no chance of us seeing each other cuz of this new lockdown she said she couldn't help it, is there any way this relationship can be saved?
Bro you've been disrespected so badly give up on this one it ain't worth it move on
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Interea
I think she has broken your trust, so it would be on her to recover the relationship, since she is the one who has damaged it. Saying that, if she thinks the "spark" has gone then it doesn't seem like she'd be willing to put in the effort to rebuild that trust... :frown:

She was fine till early this month then all of a sudden she stopped replying or gave one word answers
Reply 3
Sorry to hear this. It doesn’t seem optimistic. I would turn to friends, distractions and new and better love will come.
Reply 4
She's now just texted saying when lockdown ends she may drop him and give us another try I'm confused now
Original post by Anonymous
She's now just texted saying when lockdown ends she may drop him and give us another try I'm confused now

Ditch her, she's playing with you and keeping you as a "spare" and that's not fair on you at all. I promise you'll be happier without her once you move past it.

She doesn't want to cut ties with you until she's certain it's going to work out with him. In other words, you're her back-up option. Don't let her have that choice. Leave her and find a girl who respects you and considers you more than just second best.
She has a play mate, mate move on plenty of fish in the sea
I'm gutted just been on face time to my gf she had been distant lately and now tonight she admitted she likes someone else and has slept with them while at university, she told me she felt the spark had gone and with no chance of us seeing each other cuz of this new lockdown she said she couldn't help it, is there any way this relationship can be saved?

Why stay in a relationship with someone who's cheated on you? Its best to move on and find someone else that respects you.

Respect yourself. She’s using you as a backup incase the other fails. She has cheated on you and completely broken your trust. She doesn’t deserve you. Know your worth, you deserve much better than this.

She ’may’??? Bro please drop her now please please she's taking the piss
Time to move on and end all contact with her.
Unless you are into polyamory or happy to be her side guy/backup option whenever it is most convenient to her.
Reply 12
Pfft! Blaming lockdown for breaking up seems to be the new blaming alcohol for cheating...

If we didn't have a pandemic she'd have found some other excuse to break up with you. She's not even had the decency to end the relationship before sleeping with someone else! Move on, and block her so she doesn't come looking for you again as her Plan B if this doesn't work out.
She's a queen, just ask for forgiveness, improve yourself and make yourself worthy before asking her out again!
I suggest an open relationship
Yeah best solution is to find another girl near u and maintain "contact" in the same way she does... so she can be ur side girl now. She did it first and she should absolutely xpect the same in return. I will be curious to her reaction when she realizes u can do the same...
ask her if she can let you watch
Can't expect her to stay around when you can't see her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending