Gf has admitted she likes someone else while at uni

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm gutted just been on face time to my gf she had been distant lately and now tonight she admitted she likes someone else and has slept with them while at university, she told me she felt the spark had gone and with no chance of us seeing each other cuz of this new lockdown she said she couldn't help it, is there any way this relationship can be saved?
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm gutted just been on face time to my gf she had been distant lately and now tonight she admitted she likes someone else and has slept with them while at university, she told me she felt the spark had gone and with no chance of us seeing each other cuz of this new lockdown she said she couldn't help it, is there any way this relationship can be saved?
I think she has broken your trust, so it would be on her to recover the relationship, since she is the one who has damaged it. Saying that, if she thinks the "spark" has gone then it doesn't seem like she'd be willing to put in the effort to rebuild that trust...
rehena12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bro you've been disrespected so badly give up on this one it ain't worth it move on
Last edited by rehena12; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Interea)
I think she has broken your trust, so it would be on her to recover the relationship, since she is the one who has damaged it. Saying that, if she thinks the "spark" has gone then it doesn't seem like she'd be willing to put in the effort to rebuild that trust...
She was fine till early this month then all of a sudden she stopped replying or gave one word answers
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry to hear this. It doesn’t seem optimistic. I would turn to friends, distractions and new and better love will come.
Interea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She was fine till early this month then all of a sudden she stopped replying or gave one word answers
A relationship is between two people, and if one of those people isn't willing to put the effort in (or even have the most basic respect for you by not breaking your trust) then it isn't a healthy one. I know it hurts but the longer you keep trying while she doesn't, the worse it will be for you.
Anonymous #1
She's now just texted saying when lockdown ends she may drop him and give us another try I'm confused now
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
She's now just texted saying when lockdown ends she may drop him and give us another try I'm confused now
Ditch her, she's playing with you and keeping you as a "spare" and that's not fair on you at all. I promise you'll be happier without her once you move past it.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She doesn't want to cut ties with you until she's certain it's going to work out with him. In other words, you're her back-up option. Don't let her have that choice. Leave her and find a girl who respects you and considers you more than just second best.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
She has a play mate, mate move on plenty of fish in the sea
Smokestar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why stay in a relationship with someone who's cheated on you? Its best to move on and find someone else that respects you.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
Respect yourself. She’s using you as a backup incase the other fails. She has cheated on you and completely broken your trust. She doesn’t deserve you. Know your worth, you deserve much better than this.
rehena12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She ’may’??? Bro please drop her now please please she's taking the piss
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Time to move on and end all contact with her.
Unless you are into polyamory or happy to be her side guy/backup option whenever it is most convenient to her.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pfft! Blaming lockdown for breaking up seems to be the new blaming alcohol for cheating...

If we didn't have a pandemic she'd have found some other excuse to break up with you. She's not even had the decency to end the relationship before sleeping with someone else! Move on, and block her so she doesn't come looking for you again as her Plan B if this doesn't work out.
Stuffme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She's a queen, just ask for forgiveness, improve yourself and make yourself worthy before asking her out again!
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
I suggest an open relationship
candydiva
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah best solution is to find another girl near u and maintain "contact" in the same way she does... so she can be ur side girl now. She did it first and she should absolutely xpect the same in return. I will be curious to her reaction when she realizes u can do the same...
Stuffme
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ask her if she can let you watch
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
Can't expect her to stay around when you can't see her
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise