The Student Room Group

My sister

My sister was never interested in studies bt since I got a degree she made it up that I showed off and taunt her that she’s not educated (I never ever did this) and now just to satisfy herself she got admitted in a private UK uni where all exams are online and since she don’t like studying she’s asking someone to complete all assignments for her.

I feel really bad not bcz she is pursuing studies but bcz she made this all by herself and is trying to compete with her younger sister
Reply 1
To be honest it looks like it’s just jealousy and that’s not your fault, you should be proud of your own achievements but also be mindful of maybe how you act around her in case you are making her feel bad without realising. At the end of the day the fact that you are more academic than her is going to be a point of envy for her and other people but don’t let it get to you because that’s your own success that you worked for and you had nothing to do with her not being able to make such achievements. congratulations though
Reply 2
Tbh, let her do what she wants cuz at one point in her life its gonna bite her ass once she realises she actually needs to put in the knowledge she learnt into work, and once her employer realises that she doesn't know nada, she'll get fired and regret her decision while you have a really good, stable life (hopefully).

Once someone is jealous, they are jealous and there's nothing you can do to stop that. My advice would be to just ignore her and waste ur time doing something else unless she is affecting ur social/work life

I don't get the last part so I won't comment on that
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Don’t really get the issue?

If you’re sister is jealous of you (which I t think you’re trying to say) there’s not really much you can do. Sometimes happens between siblings.

It’s not for you live your life for her or anyone else. You can’t control her feelings so Let her do what she wants, and you do what you do. It’s good that she has decided to try with education again, I guess.

It’s not nice for her to makes things up, esp about you. But you know the truth and karma etc will come back to bite her hard. That also counts for how she’s getting through school, at the end of the day she’s only cheating herself.

In any case, you’re sisters and blood is thicker than water, so be there to support her if she needs it but don’t feel an obligation to go out of your way, where she’s brought it on herself or where the lying and cheating has caught up with her. Sibling rivalry does exist, and pushing each other can be healthy and positive, until it’s not and it’s negatively impact your relationships.

In case it happens, don’t let her or anyone else ie parents emotionally blackmail or bully you either to do something your not comfortable with or blame you for something that is not your responsibility or fault.

You know the truth, and you do you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending