The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not really. I think it’s mostly positive :smile:

Edit: I’m just going to echo ecolier and Laura: the CS, VSL, VT and FH try to keep this place as friendly and useful as possible. If you think someone is breaking guidelines, please report them and add them to your ignore list.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
I think some people may be toxic but they’re definitely in the minority
yes, to a greater extent than normal life

i know because i'm an ass and i can see that behaviour in other people here
Thought there was a thread about this the other day? :beard:
There’s an ‘ignore’ button for a reason btw :smile:
A lot of work goes in behind the scenes to make TSR as safe and positive as it can be :yep:
(edited 3 years ago)
Do you what is really toxic? Making passive aggressive threads attacking other users.

What do you achieve by doing this?
This thread is pretty toxic
Original post by lilbabypenguin
I do. And I think some of the most popular members are the most toxic too :smile:

Maybe...it's people like you who make it toxic :sly:
Reply 8
All I’ve really seen on here in general is friendly people, happy to help if you’re struggling with schoolwork or to talk if you need someone.
Ok great. Your point was made, but what exactly did you think you'd get from making this thread?
More toxicity perhaps? :h:
Toxic people are everywhere and when online it makes it easier for them to make their voices heard.
TSR has rules and protocols in place to deal with trolls and toxic users if they come to the attention of those with power to do something.
If you don't like TSR just leave it rather than making a loosely accusative thread.
Original post by jellybellyb
Ok great. Your point was made, but what exactly did you think you'd get from making this thread?
More toxicity perhaps? :h:

To gossip muahuahuahua
Original post by Rufus the red
Toxic people are everywhere and when online it makes it easier for them to make their voices heard.
TSR has rules and protocols in place to deal with trolls and toxic users if they come to the attention of those with power to do something.
If you don't like TSR just leave it rather than making a loosely accusative thread.

On the surface of it, it appears like they aren’t doing anything wrong. It’s their tone and demeaning attitude, not the actual things they say. I want to report them but what’s the point because technically they’ve done nothing wrong
No. Quite the opposite.
Original post by RedNot
All I’ve really seen on here in general is friendly people, happy to help if you’re struggling with schoolwork or to talk if you need someone.

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong lots of people are lovely :smile:
To gossip muahuahuahua

If that's the case, don't you think that's a bit toxic in itself?
Reply 16
nah
I literally got someone being unkind to me on a thread about university courses lol
On the surface of it, it appears like they aren’t doing anything wrong. It’s their tone and demeaning attitude, not the actual things they say. I want to report them but what’s the point because technically they’ve done nothing wrong

I'm not sure what you gain by saying this then. You're not specifically trying to have action taken against any users and admit that they haven't done anything wrong. What do you expect to be done?
Why would I talk to them directly? They’re not very nice, so why would I want to provoke an even more unkind response from them?

Latest