km_kmk2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hey, do universities accept students with alevels done in a 3 year period, so not one sitting, for example 2 in 2020 and 1 in 2021, I had some problems and due to that had to drop one, I'm also doing an EPQ however doubt it would mean much. Say I would like to do a competitive course such as computer science, i'm assuming the top unis are already out of my reach, would unis such as Kings even consider me? or like exeter possibly?
username3300916
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Mellowkkm)
Hey, do universities accept students with alevels done in a 3 year period, so not one sitting, for example 2 in 2020 and 1 in 2021, I had some problems and due to that had to drop one, I'm also doing an EPQ however doubt it would mean much. Say I would like to do a competitive course such as computer science, i'm assuming the top unis are already out of my reach, would unis such as Kings even consider me? or like exeter possibly?
Defo a chance, I had a friend who did maths in year 12 and got a C so resat at in year 13 and then he managed offers from both the universities you mentioned
km_kmk2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uzair63)
Defo a chance, I had a friend who did maths in year 12 and got a C so resat at in year 13 and then he managed offers from both the universities you mentioned
Ah okay that's cool! well i presume he done all his alevels within a 2 year period, I guess since I need to do the third one in a separate year which means I'm solely focusing on that one subject in that year ,would I still be considered as there is not much work force?
username3300916
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Mellowkkm)
Ah okay that's cool! well i presume he done all his alevels within a 2 year period, I guess since I need to do the third one in a separate year which means I'm solely focusing on that one subject in that year ,would I still be considered as there is not much work force?
I doubt it,
KCL and Exeter both are flexible with resits so hopefully you should still be fine, ofc email the unis to double check
km_kmk2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uzair63)
I doubt it,
KCL and Exeter both are flexible with resits so hopefully you should still be fine, ofc email the unis to double check
Ah okay thanks! Only thing is I'm not resiting as I haven't sat the exams I'm just scared as all the articles I've read about some of them say uni's dont like students who don't sit all three alevels in one sitting. I'll email right now! I'd assume i'd probably get a reply in the next week or so i guess
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
It depends on the Uni and on the course. You’re doing the right thing by checking with them before you apply. If you had any mitigating circumstances (ill health etc) that meant you did not complete your AL’s in the usual timeframe, it would be worth mentioning to them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.71%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5%
I need help with my personal statement (57)
40.71%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.14%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.14%

Watched Threads