The Student Room Group

University admissions

Hey, do universities accept students with alevels done in a 3 year period, so not one sitting, for example 2 in 2020 and 1 in 2021, I had some problems and due to that had to drop one, I'm also doing an EPQ however doubt it would mean much. Say I would like to do a competitive course such as computer science, i'm assuming the top unis are already out of my reach, would unis such as Kings even consider me? or like exeter possibly?
Original post by Mellowkkm
Hey, do universities accept students with alevels done in a 3 year period, so not one sitting, for example 2 in 2020 and 1 in 2021, I had some problems and due to that had to drop one, I'm also doing an EPQ however doubt it would mean much. Say I would like to do a competitive course such as computer science, i'm assuming the top unis are already out of my reach, would unis such as Kings even consider me? or like exeter possibly?

Defo a chance, I had a friend who did maths in year 12 and got a C so resat at in year 13 and then he managed offers from both the universities you mentioned
Reply 2
Original post by Uzair63
Defo a chance, I had a friend who did maths in year 12 and got a C so resat at in year 13 and then he managed offers from both the universities you mentioned

Ah okay that's cool! well i presume he done all his alevels within a 2 year period, I guess since I need to do the third one in a separate year which means I'm solely focusing on that one subject in that year ,would I still be considered as there is not much work force?
Original post by Mellowkkm
Ah okay that's cool! well i presume he done all his alevels within a 2 year period, I guess since I need to do the third one in a separate year which means I'm solely focusing on that one subject in that year ,would I still be considered as there is not much work force?

I doubt it,
KCL and Exeter both are flexible with resits so hopefully you should still be fine, ofc email the unis to double check
Reply 4
Original post by Uzair63
I doubt it,
KCL and Exeter both are flexible with resits so hopefully you should still be fine, ofc email the unis to double check

Ah okay thanks! Only thing is I'm not resiting as I haven't sat the exams I'm just scared as all the articles I've read about some of them say uni's dont like students who don't sit all three alevels in one sitting. I'll email right now! I'd assume i'd probably get a reply in the next week or so i guess
It depends on the Uni and on the course. You’re doing the right thing by checking with them before you apply. If you had any mitigating circumstances (ill health etc) that meant you did not complete your AL’s in the usual timeframe, it would be worth mentioning to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending