The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ItsGeorgia1911
I just got an offer for the undergraduate MPAS physician associate course at Reading and I was wondering if anyone else got an offer too. Also those who have already started the course, what is it like?

Congrats!! I want to apply for Reading for the undergrad PA course too! What were your predicted grades and how long did it take after you application for them to get back to you with an offer? Xx
Original post by priscillaaa_
Congrats!! I want to apply for Reading for the undergrad PA course too! What were your predicted grades and how long did it take after you application for them to get back to you with an offer? Xx

Hey so my predicted grades are ABB but Reading gave me a contextual offer for BBC and it took less than a week for them to get back to me I was really surprised by how quick their response was. ☺️
Hey so my predicted grades are ABB but Reading gave me a contextual offer for BBC and it took less than a week for them to get back to me I was really surprised by how quick their response was. ☺️

OMG congratulations!!! I’m sending my application soon, I pray I get in too!! Maybe we will be classmates ☺️. Did you apply for UCLAN too? Also, what courses did you fill the rest of your UCAS application with? I’m really struggling to find other courses I’m interested in.
Hey there!

21 year old mature student here, I got in with an Access course I did a few years back (Got roughly AAC in terms of A Level grades)

Super excited to start the course - Was previously running my own business. I got the offer literally the day after I applied (I applied at 10 AM and offered a place by 11AM the next day)

Not sure what I'll be offered in terms of funding though.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by adam.malikh1
Hey there!

21 year old mature student here, I got in with an Access course I did a few years back (Got roughly AAC in terms of A Level grades)

Super excited to start the course - Was previously running my own business. I got the offer literally the day after I applied (I applied at 10 AM and offered a place by 11PM the next day)

Not sure what I'll be offered in terms of funding though.

Congrats!!! 🎉🎉
Original post by priscillaaa_
Congrats!!! 🎉🎉

Thanks a bunch :-)

Do you by any chance know if this course has lab-work? Or is it clinical placement based mainly?
I just got an offer for the undergraduate MPAS physician associate course at Reading and I was wondering if anyone else got an offer too. Also those who have already started the course, what is it like?

Well done for getting in!!! I got an offer in December as well!! Very excited to start this course, however I have found it hard to find information due to it being such a new course :smile:
Original post by adam.malikh1
Thanks a bunch :-)

Do you by any chance know if this course has lab-work? Or is it clinical placement based mainly?

The first 2 years is like a biomed degree style and the last 2 is like the post grad physician associate course
Has anyone on here applied to UCLan physician associate course?
Original post by northener_3006
Has anyone on here applied to UCLan physician associate course?

I have applied to UCLAN and I have been offered an interview, how about you!?
Original post by elizabethgw19
I have applied to UCLAN and I have been offered an interview, how about you!?

Congrats! I had an interview just before Christmas but I’m still waiting for a response
Congrats! I had an interview just before Christmas but I’m still waiting for a response

Well done that’s amazing !!! I received the email to book my interview but when I follow the link it says ‘no event found’. I phoned UCLan Today and they said they will look into it? Was the interview hard? :smile:
Well done that’s amazing !!! I received the email to book my interview but when I follow the link it says ‘no event found’. I phoned UCLan Today and they said they will look into it? Was the interview hard? :smile:

Maybe you are one of the first to receive an invite to this “interview session” so they didn’t have it ready? I’m not sure but I’m sure now they know they’ll sort it out! I can’t really say, I was just nervous because it’s my first choice 😂 but they give you plenty of information before hand :smile:
Maybe you are one of the first to receive an invite to this “interview session” so they didn’t have it ready? I’m not sure but I’m sure now they know they’ll sort it out! I can’t really say, I was just nervous because it’s my first choice 😂 but they give you plenty of information before hand :smile:

Yes hopefully I can book it soon, makes me nervous having to wait !! I fully understand don’t worry, but nerves are normal and I’m sure you did great!! I hope you get in! Did you look around UCLAN prior to Covid?? :smile:
Yes hopefully I can book it soon, makes me nervous having to wait !! I fully understand don’t worry, but nerves are normal and I’m sure you did great!! I hope you get in! Did you look around UCLAN prior to Covid?? :smile:

I’m sure it’ll be sorted soon, you won’t be the only one who it won’t let book an interview. Thank you so much! Yes, I discovered the physician associate course a couple of years ago and since then have always wanted to go to UCLan. How about you? What have you put as your other UCAS choices? :smile:
I’m sure it’ll be sorted soon, you won’t be the only one who it won’t let book an interview. Thank you so much! Yes, I discovered the physician associate course a couple of years ago and since then have always wanted to go to UCLan. How about you? What have you put as your other UCAS choices? :smile:

Yes I’m sure you’re right! Yes, I found out about it a few years ago too but thought it was best to take a gap year due to Covid... I never had chance to look around UCLAN though sadly. I have a offer from Reading and I applied to nursing for my other options in case I didn’t get onto the PA course. I honestly don’t know which uni to go to though out of UCLAN and Reading as it is such a new course (this is if I get into uclan) 😂 and I don’t know how you can compare the two?
Yes I’m sure you’re right! Yes, I found out about it a few years ago too but thought it was best to take a gap year due to Covid... I never had chance to look around UCLAN though sadly. I have a offer from Reading and I applied to nursing for my other options in case I didn’t get onto the PA course. I honestly don’t know which uni to go to though out of UCLAN and Reading as it is such a new course (this is if I get into uclan) 😂 and I don’t know how you can compare the two?

Ah right and ye it’s been really difficult not being able to look round unis this year. Well done on getting an offer 👏🏼 and nursing sounds like such an interesting course! The way I decided between them due to the fact that I wanted more clinical placements and wanted to do something more centred around physician associate role for the whole 4 years and wanted a mainly patient focussed course. Reading is a great course however it is a 2 year biomed course then a 2 year post grad physician associate course (this is how one of their lecturers described it on the online open day) she also said how important biology was as it is very science based in the first 2 years rather than very patient based whereas UCLan is like a 4 year physician associate course and is a more direct medical course. Personally I wanted to go straight to a patient centred course which is why I only applied for UCLAN and why it’s my first choice because I didn’t fancy doing 2 years of biomed style first. However, they are both great university’s and both great courses and everyone’s different and this was just the way I compared them myself. We have until June to decided so there’s plenty of time and maybe they might have some more open days (sadly I think they will be online) but it will be a great way to ask questions and decide. :smile:
Ah right and ye it’s been really difficult not being able to look round unis this year. Well done on getting an offer 👏🏼 and nursing sounds like such an interesting course! The way I decided between them due to the fact that I wanted more clinical placements and wanted to do something more centred around physician associate role for the whole 4 years and wanted a mainly patient focussed course. Reading is a great course however it is a 2 year biomed course then a 2 year post grad physician associate course (this is how one of their lecturers described it on the online open day) she also said how important biology was as it is very science based in the first 2 years rather than very patient based whereas UCLan is like a 4 year physician associate course and is a more direct medical course. Personally I wanted to go straight to a patient centred course which is why I only applied for UCLAN and why it’s my first choice because I didn’t fancy doing 2 years of biomed style first. However, they are both great university’s and both great courses and everyone’s different and this was just the way I compared them myself. We have until June to decided so there’s plenty of time and maybe they might have some more open days (sadly I think they will be online) but it will be a great way to ask questions and decide. :smile:

Thank you! Now I’ve got an unconditional offer for MPAS at Reading I’m not going to do the nursing interviews I don’t think but it does look like an interesting course. Argh I see, that makes a lot of sense! I read on the Reading website for PA that you do work shadowing within the NHS during the first 2 years of the course so I might email the uni to clarify. I also quite like how Reading is a campus which is another factor that I’m considering, but as you said we all have our preferences. I hope they have another online open day though because that would be very useful. Definitely still have a while to decide as you said so that’s good 😌 I will definitely email the 2 unis in the coming weeks!
Thank you! Now I’ve got an unconditional offer for MPAS at Reading I’m not going to do the nursing interviews I don’t think but it does look like an interesting course. Argh I see, that makes a lot of sense! I read on the Reading website for PA that you do work shadowing within the NHS during the first 2 years of the course so I might email the uni to clarify. I also quite like how Reading is a campus which is another factor that I’m considering, but as you said we all have our preferences. I hope they have another online open day though because that would be very useful. Definitely still have a while to decide as you said so that’s good 😌 I will definitely email the 2 unis in the coming weeks!

An unconditional! Wow well done! 👏🏼👏🏼 you do have work shadowing but if you compare UCLan and Reading, UCLan is more clinical experience and more medical than science, especially in the first 2 years. And if you like Reading and especially as you have an unconditional (which is amazing!!!!) that sounds like you’d be an amazing match! At the end of the 4 years we will both end up with the same amazing job. Yes that’s a good idea maybe even visit the cities if we can closer to the time (sadly doesn’t look likely at the moment) but you should be so proud! Well done! Good luck! :smile: