The Student Room Group

Demotivated from graduate job rejections? How to deal?

I'm currently in final year at Uni and have been applying to graduate roles since September. Although I was very motivated in the start, now i'm just completely drained.
I found the process very tough as well as I have social anxiety, so completing the phone/video interviews and assessment centers was extremely nerve wracking for me, but I really wanted a graduate job so I pushed myself through them.
Just found out I have been rejected from the last few interviews I did, so now i'm back to square one.
I was very proud of myself even for getting to the final stages, as I really didn't think I would make it that far, but now the thought of doing it all over again, feeling all that anxiety again is putting me off heavily.
I have a video interview I need to complete sitting in my emails,but I can't seem to bring myself to do it.
I guess I made this post to see if anyone had any words of encouragement? or if you've been in a similar situation, how did you make yourself feel better and motivated again?

Thanks
I got rejected from hundreds of grad jobs
What helped for me was apply local
No point in applying for a job with 250 applicants and have to move across the country for
They’d probably prefer not to wait for someone to move and with so many applicants they probably can pick the perfect candidate and realistically I was never going to be
Everyone has a degree now and there aren’t enough graduate jobs in fact I question whether a 22k grad job is even realistic anymore
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by yeetouttawindow
I got rejected from hundreds of grad jobs
What helped for me was apply local
No point in applying for a job with 250 applicants and have to move across the country for
They’d probably prefer not to wait for someone to move and with so many applicants they probably can pick the perfect candidate and realistically I was never going to be
Everyone has a degree now and there aren’t enough graduate jobs in fact I question whether a 22k grad job is even realistic anymore

**** staying in your local area I wanna move out for freedom into a New City

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending