The Student Room Group

Should I feel bad about getting annoyed at my platonic guy mate?

Me and my guy best mate have been mates for years. We do a lot together and, despite the fact that I’m taken, we still get out and manage to see things together.

Last week we booked into a hotel to go and see a favourite band of ours.

We both got a little drunk but, because we were sharing a hotel room, we weren’t worried about getting home, so were out quite late.

When we got back to the hotel room my friend went into the bathroom to get ready for bed and just stripped down into his boxers, took his shirt off, and got into bed.

Next morning he got up and seemed to be in no rush about getting changed, walking to the window to pull the curtains, making coffee and switching on the TV.

I kinda snapped at him when we got home over text, saying it wasn’t appropriate for him to be naked when we share a room, that my boyfriend was annoyed at him, and that next time we should probably get separate rooms. He hasn’t responded and now I feel awful.

Should I have been more chill?
Honestly, I think it depends on the perspective. Obviously from your boyfriend's perspective, what he did was wrong (maybe not wrong perhaps indecent) and you guys are dating so it would seem like an okay thing to be annoyed about. From your perspective, i think you're cool with it (you guys being so comfortable around each other) but just the though of your boyfriend is what conflicts you. And as for your best mate, you cant expect someone to get Extremely comfortable with you but then ask them to change for your partner because they dont like the way you guys act around each other. its wrong and right from every perspective. I'm sorry i'm not of much help. what you did was correct but maybe explain it in person? and less snappy? Or maybe your'e just overthinking this and they just haven't had time to respond.... which would be okay if they haven't seen the messages.... this is a mess..
Reply 2
If you are really close friends then he was probably just comfortable not rushing and didn't think you'd care. Sounds like you overreacted.

Why did you tell your bf? Nothing happened nor was going to from the sounds of it.
Reply 3
Original post by DraqulaQueen486
Me and my guy best mate have been mates for years. We do a lot together and, despite the fact that I’m taken, we still get out and manage to see things together.

We both got a little drunk but, because we were sharing a hotel room, we weren’t worried about getting home, so were out quite late.

When we got back to the hotel room my friend went into the bathroom to get ready for bed and just stripped down into his boxers, took his shirt off, and got into bed.

Next morning he got up and seemed to be in no rush about getting changed, walking to the window to pull the curtains, making coffee and switching on the TV.

I kinda snapped at him when we got home over text, saying it wasn’t appropriate for him to be naked when we share a room, that my boyfriend was annoyed at him, and that next time we should probably get separate rooms. He hasn’t responded and now I feel awful.

A. He wasn't naked.

B. If it bothered you that much you should have said something at the time instead of being sneaky and texting after the event.

C. How are you lucky enough to be going to concerts and sharing a hotel room during a pandemic?
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
A. He wasn't naked.

B. If it bothered you that much you should have said something at the time instead of being sneaky and texting after the event.

C. How are you lucky enough to be going to concerts and sharing a hotel room during a pandemic?

All 3 excellent points that makes this story suspect.
Reply 5
Original post by Bio 7
All 3 excellent points that makes this story suspect.

It sounds strangely familiar so I suspect a cut-and-paste with them saying 'last week'.
Original post by DraqulaQueen486

Original post by Surnia
A. He wasn't naked.

Wtf was that. Sounds like the first page of a shitey wattpad story.
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
A. He wasn't naked.

hit the bullseye three times!
Reply 8
Wait, you go to concerts with a male friend, get pissed, stay out late, share a room and your boyfriend’s fine with it but you’re quibbling over some boxer shorts curtain pulling and coffee making..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending