The Student Room Group

Are guys who're hygienic and tidy considered ''feminine''?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mnot
No.

I also wouldnt describe plucking hair between eyebrows as a marker of hygiene or tidiness.
This is a marker you care what other people think of your eyebrows.

Most men trim their nails & use deodorant. This is just normal behaviour, as is using shampoo, less men use conditioner.

Mst people wouldn't probably notice I've hair there, they've to come quite close to me to notice it (I do care what girls think of it if that's what you mean). I personally think it looks odd, nobody else has ever said anything about it to me :dontknow:.
I mean I find it a turn off when they don't take care of themselves. It's just plain gross if you can't look after yourself and use the excuse that it's feminine if you do...
Original post by Ciel.
their skin looks amazing so it must be worth it
my skincare routine only has 6 steps :< i'm too tired to deal with more lol

Part of it is genetic I think. I've seen 40 year old women in Korea who look like high school students.
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
Part of it is genetic I think. I've seen 40 year old women in Korea who look like high school students.

prob a bit of both. healthy diet, too.
Original post by Ciel.
their skin looks amazing so it must be worth it
my skincare routine only has 6 steps :< i'm too tired to deal with more lol

My skin looks amazing and I have one maybe 2 steps, cocoa body butter and beard oil (helps moisturize the skin under the beard).
Original post by Ciel.
prob a bit of both. healthy diet, too.

Some are heavy smokers and drink a lot but still look like that. I think genes prevail but yeah, they eat a lot of fish, veggies and rice, their obesity rates are super low, etc.
Original post by DiddyDec
My skin looks amazing and I have one maybe 2 steps, cocoa body butter and beard oil (helps moisturize the skin under the beard).

I also use cocoa butter because I was told it helps with skin elasticity and I lost quite a bit of weight. I do not use beard oil cuz I shave but I would if I had a beard too :biggrin:. Grizzly beards = nightmare.
But why do people assume that they do not take care of themselves? most guys do not condition their hair nor do they remove hair from that part of their bodies. It doesn't mean they do not take care of themselves.

Because they're taking the piss out of someone for taking care of themselves lol In my friendship group we pluck the middle of our eyebrows and don't judge each for it because nobody wants to look like the dad from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

Edit: I just realised that makes it sounds like we pluck each other's eyebrows together. We do not hahahaha
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 28

mine doesn't, not anymore :< it looks.. dull now. and it's more pale than ever. that unhealthy, dead body gross kind of pale. it's so depressing
Some are heavy smokers and drink a lot but still look like that. I think genes prevail but yeah, they eat a lot of fish, veggies and rice, their obesity rates are super low, etc.

i drink a lot and occasionally do drugs and my skin looked amazing until like, 2-5 months ago. my diet is healthy tho.
Probably a stupid question but some of my friends were making fun of me when I said I remove that tiny patch of hair in between my eyebrows (I don't really have a unibrow as such but it is kinda visible up close). I do not like do my eyebrows, just remove that patch. I also trim my nails regularly, use conditioners for my hair and apply roll-on deodorant daily.

I didn't consider those things any of those things extreme for a guy to do and they take up so little time.

Are those things a turn off? do you consider guys who do these things high maintenance or too feminine?

No, imo hygenic guys are way more attractive. Much more attractive when they know how to look after themselves properly
I also use cocoa butter because I was told it helps with skin elasticity and I lost quite a bit of weight. I do not use beard oil cuz I shave but I would if I had a beard too :biggrin:. Grizzly beards = nightmare.

Can't have a messy beard, I tie mine up because I haven't shaved it since March last year.

Original post by Ciel.
mine doesn't, not anymore :< it looks.. dull now. and it's more pale than ever. that unhealthy, dead body gross kind of pale. it's so depressing

I can't escape being the palest person in the room. that is just my Irish genes.
Reply 31
Can't have a messy beard, I tie mine up because I haven't shaved it since March last year.

I can't escape being the palest person in the room. that is just my Irish genes.

pale skin can look healthy tho. mine used to look healthy, **** everything. 😂
being hygienic is not 'feminine' lol, it's just taking basic care of yourself. i don't like guys but if i did it definitely wouldn't be a turn-off for me.
self care is not feminine. its mostly other men who think taking care of yourself is “gay”. i remember when i found out that some men thought washing their bum was gay. no woman would be turned off by it, i can guarantee that.
since the bar is so low for men, all of this stuff is a huge turn on and definitely not feminine. so many guys have very obvious sweaty armpits and smell really bad, they have dirt under their broken fingernails, they have greasy, ratty hair which looks awful🤮. please keep doing what you're doing
No
Probably a stupid question but some of my friends were making fun of me when I said I remove that tiny patch of hair in between my eyebrows (I don't really have a unibrow as such but it is kinda visible up close). I do not like do my eyebrows, just remove that patch. I also trim my nails regularly, use conditioners for my hair and apply roll-on deodorant daily.

I didn't consider those things any of those things extreme for a guy to do and they take up so little time.

Are those things a turn off? do you consider guys who do these things high maintenance or too feminine?

Not at all, those are things everyone should do to take care of themselves. Making sure you're clean and healthy is a good thing! And it's very attractive, trust me. Also, if you don't like your eyebrows then keep doing what you're doing! You shouldn't have to bear with that insecurity just because you're friends are closed-minded. I hope they become more aware people, and you're fine doing what you're doing! Promise :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending