The Student Room Group

Addicted to toxic relationships .. asvice??

I was with my first boyfriend for a couple of year and it was very intense, lot’s of arguments,but passion. However we ended up breaking up because we were destroying each other in the end and weren’t making each other happy. I am now in another relationship (4months in), it’s very stable and secure, but is it bad that I miss the absolute passion that comes from intense relationships and that this stable one seems almost too simple and too boring? Any thoughts on this!!
Nothing wrong with wanting more passion in a relationship, that can be talked about with your partner. However, if you find that the passion comes from a deeper need for the toxic nature of the relationship then you may need to re-evaluate what has perhaps been normalized in the previous relationship because you must always remember the negative repercussions of a toxic relationship. Ensure that there is a divide between passion and toxicity and that you and your partner know these boundaries. A relationship certainly does not have to be boring in order for it to not be toxic, otherwise, you will lose the passion altogether. Do what is best for your relationship whilst being considerate of one another's ideas and what you're comfortable with.
I don’t quite understand? Are you attracted to toxic people because not to be mean but that reflects your own personality.

I dojt see how it seems boring without arguments?
Reply 3
Original post by D7654321
I was with my first boyfriend for a couple of year and it was very intense, lot’s of arguments,but passion. However we ended up breaking up because we were destroying each other in the end and weren’t making each other happy. I am now in another relationship (4months in), it’s very stable and secure, but is it bad that I miss the absolute passion that comes from intense relationships and that this stable one seems almost too simple and too boring? Any thoughts on this!!

Find the reason why you’re so attracted to the passion? To the thrill? Is it an underlying even that’s happened in your life or as a result / a need due to something else. Healing and introspection.
Hi there.
I would advise to end your current relationship.
Work on yourself. You might realised that you are much more attracted to toxic men and toxic relationship. it is surely is in your nature, you just cannot help it.
So better to leave the poor man alone, so that he can find someone who will not find a relationship with him boring, just because there is no passion in the relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending