The Student Room Group

Do Germany universities teach in English?

Do the universities in Germany teach in English?
And what are the tuition fees like for UK students?
Hey, German here :smile: No, most of the Unis do not teach in English because there is no reason to do so. However, there are some who do. As for tuition fees, there are minimal to none, even for international students. It depends on the federal state though, I think Baden-Württemberg makes its Unis charge internationals about 3k a year. As far as I am informed, all the others only charge a semester contribution (Semesterbeitrag) of about 100 to 350€ each semester (so twice a year).
I generally recommend public over private Universities in Germany. To find an English program at a public university I recommend looking of the University and add "courses taught in English"
e. g. "Uni Freiburg courses taught in English"
If you don't speak any German at all, I also recommend looking into cities that are a bit bigger as there are more likely more young people who often speak better English than older people because you have to learn English at school in Germnay :smile: Hope this helps! You can message me if you have another question google doesn't have an answer to :smile:
Reply 2
Hi, thank you so much that was really helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending