The Student Room Group

issues with OIA

I have made a compliant against a tutor at a college who is very corrupt. I feel that hes even come onto studentroom and posted as a students raving about his course. I checked the post and its well dodgy and i m sure hes written it. hes a dodgy guy whose picks PhD students with big tits. hes really ****ed up. he pretty much threw me off course and got me to fail.
I made a complaint which i did not wish to take up as mum was not well.I missed the deadline in 2019 but OIA are saying that its tough.
Is there another legal route. Are OIA corrupt?
Original post by Anonymous
I have made a compliant against a tutor at a college who is very corrupt. I feel that hes even come onto studentroom and posted as a students raving about his course. I checked the post and its well dodgy and i m sure hes written it. hes a dodgy guy whose picks PhD students with big tits. hes really ****ed up. he pretty much threw me off course and got me to fail.
I made a complaint which i did not wish to take up as mum was not well.I missed the deadline in 2019 but OIA are saying that its tough.
Is there another legal route. Are OIA corrupt?

Link to the post?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Link to the post?

https://www.oiahe.org.uk/about-us/our-scheme/our-rules/

https://www.oiahe.org.uk/about-us/our-scheme/our-rules/guidance-on-the-rules/

I have written to say that :
Thank you for your email dated 7 February 2021. Eligibility appeals are usually considered by a manager, which is why your email has been passed to me.
We consider complaints under the Rules of our Scheme. You may find it helpful to read our Guidance on the Rules.
I have now looked again at whether your complaint is something that our Rules allow us to look at.
I am sorry to tell you that we cannot look at your complaint. This is because we have correctly decided that your complaint was received outside the 12-month timeframe for submission. The final date for submission (11 September 2019) was clearly stated in the College’s final letter and your complaint to us was received some time later in January 2021.
We consider 12 months to be sufficient time for a student to make a complaint to us. It is also important that we can conduct any review promptly while evidence is available, and we can provide suitable remedies. While I appreciate you may have been focussing on your own wellbeing during this time, we are not able to make exceptions to this Rule (8.1).
The OIA is a charity, registered in England & Wales under number 1141289, and a company limited by
guarantee, registered in England & Wales under number 4823842
Page 1 of 2
I understand that in 2018 the College also considered your complaint to it as being received outside its normal time limit. I see that you felt unable to explain the delay for personal reasons.
I can confirm that we consider it reasonable for higher education providers to have time limits for students to submit complaints. We would expect providers to consider any reason for late submissions. But it is not unreasonable for them to decide whether to accept a complaint based on the available evidence.
It is my view that even if we had received your complaint in time that it is unlikely that we would not have upheld your complaint. ( i have changed this to bold as it is smirky and biased- i think he meant to write likely!)
I hope these comments help you understand a little about how we consider complaints like your own.
The personal information you have sent us in support of your appeal will not be shared with the College. I have considered the contents but can confirm that it does not change my decision to reject your appeal.
This decision is final and there is no further right of appeal. We are therefore closing your complaint. I am sorry to disappoint you.
I am sending a copy of this letter to the xxxx. Yours sincerely

Casework Support Manager
Original post by Anonymous
https://www.oiahe.org.uk/about-us/our-scheme/our-rules/

https://www.oiahe.org.uk/about-us/our-scheme/our-rules/guidance-on-the-rules/

I have written to say that :
Thank you for your email dated 7 February 2021. Eligibility appeals are usually considered by a manager, which is why your email has been passed to me.
We consider complaints under the Rules of our Scheme. You may find it helpful to read our Guidance on the Rules.
I have now looked again at whether your complaint is something that our Rules allow us to look at.
I am sorry to tell you that we cannot look at your complaint. This is because we have correctly decided that your complaint was received outside the 12-month timeframe for submission. The final date for submission (11 September 2019) was clearly stated in the College’s final letter and your complaint to us was received some time later in January 2021.
We consider 12 months to be sufficient time for a student to make a complaint to us. It is also important that we can conduct any review promptly while evidence is available, and we can provide suitable remedies. While I appreciate you may have been focussing on your own wellbeing during this time, we are not able to make exceptions to this Rule (8.1).
The OIA is a charity, registered in England & Wales under number 1141289, and a company limited by
guarantee, registered in England & Wales under number 4823842
Page 1 of 2
I understand that in 2018 the College also considered your complaint to it as being received outside its normal time limit. I see that you felt unable to explain the delay for personal reasons.
I can confirm that we consider it reasonable for higher education providers to have time limits for students to submit complaints. We would expect providers to consider any reason for late submissions. But it is not unreasonable for them to decide whether to accept a complaint based on the available evidence.
It is my view that even if we had received your complaint in time that it is unlikely that we would not have upheld your complaint. ( i have changed this to bold as it is smirky and biased- i think he meant to write likely!)
I hope these comments help you understand a little about how we consider complaints like your own.
The personal information you have sent us in support of your appeal will not be shared with the College. I have considered the contents but can confirm that it does not change my decision to reject your appeal.
This decision is final and there is no further right of appeal. We are therefore closing your complaint. I am sorry to disappoint you.
I am sending a copy of this letter to the xxxx. Yours sincerely

Casework Support Manager

Sorry. You referred originally to a post on here. That was the link I was asking about.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Sorry. You referred originally to a post on here. That was the link I was asking about.

That would lead to a lawsuit I am sure.
Reply 5
You would be able to tell who the slimy tutor is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending