The Student Room Group

Is there a way to report a lockdown breach anonymously?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by glassalice
How do you know that those visiters are in breach of covid regulations?
Don't be a coward.
Either stand up for what you think OR shut up.

We are not in a totalitarian state, although with this kind of behaviour you do wonder! Don't snitch,it's not pretty!!
I don't get why they shouldn't report? It's literally against the law right now to be having visitors and any responsible citizen should report breaches of the law. It's not being a snake but it's called having morals, the people who are saying not to report are the people who become bystanders to crime and evil. Plus neighbours seem fine with calling the police when a house party gets too loud but are worried about calling the police when there is a breach of the law which could cost people's lives? Double standards much. Make your own decision on whether or not to report, I'm surprised that so many people are attacking the OP for trying to do what is right. As for reporting anonymously, I also have the same concern actually so I can't help you with that, I'm sorry.
Original post by Anonymous
We are not in a totalitarian state, although with this kind of behaviour you do wonder! Don't snitch,it's not pretty!!

I will say what I said to OP, either stand up for what you think (ie. Don't use anon) OR shut up.
Reply 23
Original post by jackmarshal757
You can’t argue that with your record

Congratulations on winning this week's award for the most incomprehensible sentence.
Original post by IWMTom
Congratulations on winning this week's award for the most incomprehensible sentence.

Your post: Says “Jangwatnii”, a new user with 5 posts who only joined today

My reaction: you can’t argue that with your record

I meant that you’ve been on here far longer than this user and have many more posts so to say that when the other user says ‘get a life’ is quite ironic
I don't get why they shouldn't report? It's literally against the law right now to be having visitors and any responsible citizen should report breaches of the law. It's not being a snake but it's called having morals, the people who are saying not to report are the people who become bystanders to crime and evil. Plus neighbours seem fine with calling the police when a house party gets too loud but are worried about calling the police when there is a breach of the law which could cost people's lives? Double standards much. Make your own decision on whether or not to report, I'm surprised that so many people are attacking the OP for trying to do what is right. As for reporting anonymously, I also have the same concern actually so I can't help you with that, I'm sorry.

There are legal reasons for visiting other people's homes. For example, my family regularly visits my grandmother- we are in the same bubble as her.
So it isn't 'literally'/ always against the law.
Reply 26
Snitches get stitches. Your reputation within your local community and area is at risk. Lockdown is temporary, but your relationships and reputation will last a lifetime. Think wisely.
Reply 27
Original post by jackmarshal757
Your post: Says “Jangwatnii”, a new user with 5 posts who only joined today

My reaction: you can’t argue that with your record

I meant that you’ve been on here far longer than this user and have many more posts so to say that when the other user says ‘get a life’ is quite ironic

The inferred context to my post was :troll:.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My neighbour has been having visitors round and I need to report it is there a way of doing it anonymous? I know someone who has had death threats for reporting so I want to save lives and report but anonymously. Thanks

You could receive death threats if you do this. Would you like that? :smile:
You could receive death threats if you do this. Would you like that? :smile:

And you felt the need to say this as anonymous
I think you should do what you intended todo. Yes they're breaking the lockdown rules if I were you I'd do it and give a fake a name to the police. I say this with my chest bc I love drama so anything to be nosey and cause an issue I'd do it. But yeah, do what you want. I think you should do it.
The aim is to stop the spread of the virus not to increase it.
I think you should do what you intended todo. Yes they're breaking the lockdown rules if I were you I'd do it and give a fake a name to the police. I say this with my chest bc I love drama so anything to be nosey and cause an issue I'd do it. But yeah, do what you want. I think you should do it.
The aim is to stop the spread of the virus not to increase it.

No, don't give a fake name to the Police. That is a bad idea. Either use your real name, report the matter to Crimestoppers (if it's serious) or don't bother them at all.
just tell the police you dont want your neighbor to know it was you. im sure they would understand no?
My neighbour has been having visitors round and I need to report it is there a way of doing it anonymous? I know someone who has had death threats for reporting so I want to save lives and report but anonymously. Thanks

Just don't report them. You have no idea about their situation, whether they actually have a legitimate reason for these visitors, their mental health, etc.
Original post by IWMTom
Says "Jangwatnii", a new user with 5 posts who only joined today...

Stop following me around.
Reply 36
Stop following me around.

You're literally on anon so how the **** am I supposed to know who you are, genius?
It's annoying but unless they're having large gatherings I'd leave it
Original post by IlikeDonerKebab
just tell the police you dont want your neighbor to know it was you. im sure they would understand no?

No they can't always promise anonymity. Your only option is to report it to Crimestoppers if it's a serious breach, otherwise just don't report it.
Original post by glassalice
There are legal reasons for visiting other people's homes. For example, my family regularly visits my grandmother- we are in the same bubble as her.
So it isn't 'literally'/ always against the law.

Yes in that situation it's okay. But most people who are visiting each other aren't in a bubble. If in doubt, it's best to leave it be - as advised by the government. But if OP is sure it's a breach then they should report it if they feel it's best - that's what I'm saying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending