The Student Room Group

Tuition Fees and Loans for pre-settled status

I entered the UK in July 2020 and I was granted pre-settled status in October. I'm planning on applying to Uni (Undergraduate) for the 2022/23 year and I was wondering if I would qualify as a Home student and therefore be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan and/or Home Fees.
I'm a little confused because some sources say I need pre-settled status and to have lived in the UK for three years before the start of my course, while other sources say having pre-settled status is enough and it doesn't matter how long I've been here.
Original post by Jules1864
I entered the UK in July 2020 and I was granted pre-settled status in October. I'm planning on applying to Uni (Undergraduate) for the 2022/23 year and I was wondering if I would qualify as a Home student and therefore be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan and/or Home Fees.
I'm a little confused because some sources say I need pre-settled status and to have lived in the UK for three years before the start of my course, while other sources say having pre-settled status is enough and it doesn't matter how long I've been here.

Hi Jules, with pre settled status you can apply for a tuition fee loan only. You can only apply as a home student to receive a Maintenance Loan once you have gained the full settled status.

You need to have lived in the UK or the EU/EEA in the 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course (not just the UK).
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending