The Student Room Group

ask anything about islam/being a muslim

not sure if this has been done but if anyone from any background has any questions on Islam or being a Muslim or the rulings or if ur just curious ask away :smile: I want to help and spread my knowledge x

Mod Edit: Remember, this forum is not intended for debate. Please take those to our Religion forum. Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lollipoplady101
not sure if this has been done but if anyone from any background has any questions on Islam or being a Muslim or the rulings or if ur just curious ask away :smile: I want to help and spread my knowledge x

What qualifications do you have regarding your Islamic knowledge?
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
What qualifications do you have regarding your Islamic knowledge?

ill be honest im just ur basic muslim teen that went mosque and that's about it. however I understand where ur question and concern is coming from. do not worry i won't be mispreading or misguiding any incorrect information. i will only be answering simple questions such as why women have to wear the hijab etc as i know many people would want to know this but are quite shy about it. i like making people understand the beauty of Islam through my words.
ill be honest im just ur basic muslim teen that went mosque and that's about it. however I understand where ur question and concern is coming from. do not worry i won't be mispreading or misguiding any incorrect information. i will only be answering simple questions such as why women have to wear the hijab etc as i know many people would want to know this but are quite shy about it. i like making people understand the beauty of Islam through my words.

May Allah reward you for your intentions. Ameen.

Be careful though sis. Even simple topics such as the Hijaab can delve into something you haven’t been taught/learnt.

Jazakillah Khairan for understanding sis.
Reply 4
salam, fellow muslim here:h::heart:
Reply 5
Original post by kpop forever
Why do muslims not drink alcohol? Alcohol in moderation is useful, even beneficial for health. Alcohol is good.

Numerous studies cite that alcohol is harmful for humans even in small amounts. In 2016 2.8 million deaths were associated with alcohol. Apart from harm to physical health, other harms include the social harm of alcohol and the harmful offshoots that intoxication can bring.
Reply 6
Out of all questions, this one came to your head about Muslims.

Shows your thinking dude.

report him
Why do muslims not drink alcohol? Alcohol in moderation is useful, even beneficial for health. Alcohol is good.

hi so glad u asked this. from my perspective (note that this does not represent the whole of Islam as few different people may have different thoughts) but alcohol is forbidden because 1. it makes u puke/unwell/hangovers 2. ur in the state of mind where you cannot think straight or make decisions properly hence why and I may also be wrong but again this is my opinion, people make regretful decisions and can lead to other things such as unwanted sex,pregnancies, drug use etc now about having it in moderation, how many times have u seen in movies or in real life say only one drink but then end up getting wasted? this is cuz its addictive hence why drugs are not allowed too. hope this made sense and I didn't seem like i was waffling :smile:
Original post by sy!¡
salam, fellow muslim here:h::heart:

salam!!!

why do muslim women wear hijab, why do they choose not to show their hair ?
Original post by sy!¡
if you find it “so strict and different” then unfortunately you’re quite uneducated in the religion. as for your comment “since you all come to the UK”, i’m a muslim who was born here. not every muslim immigrated from a different country. there are plenty of UK born muslims.

you’re suggesting that muslims don’t lead a normal lifestyle which is again wrong. i view my lifestyle to be normal.

if you think regularly drinking & having sex is a “normal lifestyle” then i don’t know what to say to you

i know u are tying to help but responding in a negative way will give other people a negative mindset about Islam. we have to respond with peace and kindness because they do not understand our religion as we do.
Regarding the changing landscape and the increasing tolerance of foreign cultures and religions, do you feel a bit more accepted in the country?
May Allah reward you for your intentions. Ameen.

Be careful though sis. Even simple topics such as the Hijaab can delve into something you haven’t been taught/learnt.

Jazakillah Khairan for understanding sis.

jzk but may allah forgive me if I am wrong. i will try not to go too deep but thanks so much!!
i know u are tying to help but responding in a negative way will give other people a negative mindset about Islam. we have to respond with peace and kindness because they do not understand our religion as we do.

She has a valid point - people view Islam as this foreign ideology, but Muslims have been here a long time and I would posite that everyone here is a British citizen. We as Muslims also do no favours by saying "Muslims do X; white people do Y" as if white people are not Muslims also. The sister was highlighting that such loaded questions stem from this kind of ignorance that must rightfully be checked. People can respectfully learn, but being babied =/= treating them with manners
Original post by TheStarboy
Regarding the changing landscape and the increasing tolerance of foreign cultures and religions, do you feel a bit more accepted in the country?

yes i’m so glad that the UK is now more tolerant of different cultures & religions!!!! trust me, it’s so awful feeling alienated but there has definitely been improvement over the years:u:
why do you only eat halal
how do u like to spend your Ramadan, talk me through your routine from sehri to iftar? :h:
Okay, i have a few

1) do you dress "modestly" or in a "western" style?
2) do you think islam is patriarchal
3) would you have a non muslim bf?
Original post by goluble1
why do you only eat halal

Because it’s cleaner
Why is Islam so strict and different? Why do you not live a normal lifestyle since you all come to the UK?

islam is different because we actually practice our religion therefore we stand out now I'm not dissing or downgrading other religions but take Christianity for example. i know many people who were Christian but now they are athiest because they didn't see the point in all the rulings etc. we do have a normal lifestyle but we just restrict ourselves to certain things like u mentioned before sex, drinking etc. we believe that we are in this world to work hard and gain enough good deeds for the next world, paradise :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending