vanda11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I've lived in the UK for four years and have pre settled status, I was wondering if I would be eligible for a maintenance loan. I've worked part time for two years before covid. Does this make me eligible to apply as a migrant worker as I have a P60 document which I read is needed? Or would it be better to apply as a child of a migrant worker as I didn't work enough to support myself financially completely as I've been doing my A levels. Also how can you prove that you're financially dependent on your parents as I will be over 21 when I start my course in September 2021? Thank you.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by vanda11)
Hi, I've lived in the UK for four years and have pre settled status, I was wondering if I would be eligible for a maintenance loan. I've worked part time for two years before covid. Does this make me eligible to apply as a migrant worker as I have a P60 document which I read is needed? Or would it be better to apply as a child of a migrant worker as I didn't work enough to support myself financially completely as I've been doing my A levels. Also how can you prove that you're financially dependent on your parents as I will be over 21 when I start my course in September 2021? Thank you.
Hi, you will only be entitled to a Maintenance Loan when you gain full settled status or alternatively you can apply as a Migrant Worker.
You can find out about evidence here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

To apply as a child of a Migrant Worker, being over 21 years old. Can you state how you are financially dependent on your parents?
Thanks, Isaac
vanda11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, you will only be entitled to a Maintenance Loan when you gain full settled status or alternatively you can apply as a Migrant Worker.
You can find out about evidence here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

To apply as a child of a Migrant Worker, being over 21 years old. Can you state how you are financially dependent on your parents?
Thanks, Isaac
Hi thanks for the reply! I live with my parents and can’t work at term times so basically in every way.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by vanda11)
Hi thanks for the reply! I live with my parents and can’t work at term times so basically in every way.
You can send evidence such as :
- Your bank statements and their bank statements to show they transfer you money
- Proof they pay your bills

Our assessors will then make a decision.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (78)
11.91%
Virtual campus tours/open days (159)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.94%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.01%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.36%
An in-person event when available (154)
23.51%