The Student Room Group

Struggling with Uni decision

I’m a Year 13, I didn’t apply for this year because at the time I didn’t know what or where I wanted to study.

Recently I thought I’d join TOU this year which would be very suitable for my life situation and would just fit very well with a more independent approach to learning. I’ve had second thoughts about this though, I’ve considered going through clearing for Psychology this year, but I think the way my life situation is right now I won’t be able to enjoy Uni as much as if I took a year out and prepared financially as well as emotionally since I want to enjoy Uni as much as possible.

That would of course entail taking a gap year which I’ve already done since I dropped out in my first college for Year 12, overall, I really want to take the time to figure out what Uni I want to go to (I know which region which is a good thing) and I feel I’d be much more prepared and happier to move to Uni next year.

The problem isn’t the age thing, since I’ll be 20 if I chose to apply for 2022, it’s the fact that I’m waiting another year to go to Uni which makes me feel like I’m not progressing very much in my life as opposed to others. I understand I can’t compare myself to others but it’s always in the back of my head.

Finally, I just can’t miss out on the Uni experience which I think will be life changing for me, moving into halls and forging new relationships seems so exciting to me and I wouldn’t dream of missing it.
i think its good that you are taking the time to do whats right for you :smile: i feel like its better to take the time and be certain than feel rushed and then regret your decision later yk, since this is a pretty major life decision to make, and being financially and emotionally prepared is important too! i dont think you should doubt a decision if you think its right for you bc you’re worried it means you’re not progressing in life the way others are, bc you still are progressing yk, and not everyones paths are gonna be the same. anyway good luck with it all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending