The Student Room Group

should I continue for one more year or give up

I am 47k in debt and I got one year left until I finish my four year degree which I have been studying for four years but taken a gap year because I AM TIRED but I want to go back next year, in the mean time I will work and have a real life touch what is like to work and get back into my hobbies. I will get a BA in law, not in hons. Is it really worth it to wait for one more year and complete the degree or drop out and work forever?

Please be harsh, I am clearly struggling and my family are so disappointed in me which affects my mental health, if I continue they will be happy but I won't but a degree is important and if I drop out they will be angry but if I do then I will be struggling with debt and no degree
One option is to cash in the credits you have accumulated to date, go work for a while and then come back to finish your degree. When you are ready to continue, you can take your credits and apply to the Open University or return to your existing university and finish. Or you could even try and apply to another uni - a bit tougher since you stated your grades are not good.
Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. I would say you are losing nothing by taking a year out, you can go and work/rest/pursue other hobbies and so on, then during this period you can make a decision whether to complete or degree, or suspend your studies on a more permanent basis. There is no need to make a final decision at this stage.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending