The Student Room Group

Need advice choosing university

Which one will be better for international students?
University of leeds or university of nottingham for Engineering.
And want to know about work placements(industry year) for these university and are these university muslim friendly? like do they have prayer room... and other necessary things?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by maxresistance
Which one will be better for international students?
University of leeds or university of nottingham for Engineering.
And want to know about work placements(industry year) for these university and are these university muslim friendly? like do they have prayer room... and other necessary things?

Hi! I'm a 3rd year at Leeds and can definitely recommend it. My housemate does Engineering and she enjoys it, they get a lot of contact hours and I've never heard her complain about the teaching! Plus they encourage you to take a placement year, there's lots of help to get one, plenty of talks and jobs fairs you can attend to find one that works for you.
I also have a few Muslim friends, one thing I will say is that Leeds uni isn't the most diverse uni ever but its not bad, I think it's better than some areas of the country (I'm not sure about Nottingham). However there are prayer rooms in the libraries etc, and in Hyde Park (the area where most students live in 2nd/3rd year) there's a mosque right in the middle of the residential area - literally across the street from where I'm living right now.

I've had an amazing time at Leeds and really can't recommend it more! The city and uni lifestyle are great, so I hope you come here! If you have any questions feel free to send me a dm :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending