The Student Room Group

Argument with bf - what should I do ?

Ok so me and him have been friends for over a year and been more than friends for 4 months. I really appreciate him because he's always there for me and I can tell he truly cares for me.

However recently I've been struggling with the fact that he says I'm the only one he finds attractive but just a few months before we got together he'd be sending me pictures or videos of these tiktok girls and saying how beautiful they were, or even if I sent a video with some female in it he'd start to just talk about how pretty she is or how he'd 'simp so hard' even though it is completely irrelevant to the video itself.

I just feel like I'm not enough and I'll never look as good as them and I know looks aren't everything but I don't know why it's affecting me so much and has really strained our relationship. I always put myself and my looks down and it really irritates him which I can understand but I can't stop. I also can't stop comparing myself to these girls he used to like. I feel like the only way out is to start afresh but I know id be hurting and losing the best guy ever... So what should I do?
Reply 1
Pretty and beautiful just refer to looks. Attractive is the whole package; looks and personality. He's chosen to be with you because of everything about you!
Original post by Surnia
Pretty and beautiful just refer to looks. Attractive is the whole package; looks and personality. He's chosen to be with you because of everything about you!

I agree, also have a talk with him, be honest and open, tell him how you feel when he makes these comments.
Another one.. this time TikTok often it's IG or OF but anyway rlly u know how it was for King Knut....
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so me and him have been friends for over a year and been more than friends for 4 months. I really appreciate him because he's always there for me and I can tell he truly cares for me.

However recently I've been struggling with the fact that he says I'm the only one he finds attractive but just a few months before we got together he'd be sending me pictures or videos of these tiktok girls and saying how beautiful they were, or even if I sent a video with some female in it he'd start to just talk about how pretty she is or how he'd 'simp so hard' even though it is completely irrelevant to the video itself.

I just feel like I'm not enough and I'll never look as good as them and I know looks aren't everything but I don't know why it's affecting me so much and has really strained our relationship. I always put myself and my looks down and it really irritates him which I can understand but I can't stop. I also can't stop comparing myself to these girls he used to like. I feel like the only way out is to start afresh but I know id be hurting and losing the best guy ever... So what should I do?

what this is some waffle he never said anything about ur looks besides how good they are so why would u go and bring urself down what do u gain? and if you dont like ur looks how do u expect anyone else to? why are u willing to hurt "the best guy ever" because some bs inside ur brain?

every guy thinks these tiktok girls are attractive/good-looking it doesnt mean anything
The issue here is with how you feel about the way you look and your self-esteem in general. Nobody else can make you feel worthy if you feel like crap about yourself. This isn’t about the other girls or even your boyfriend and you may not be ready for a relationship yet.
Reply 6
Girls he used to like, doesn't anymore. That is what you should focus on, you'll lose him otherwise
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia

Thank you, I never saw it that way
Reply 8
Original post by Middle_child
I agree, also have a talk with him, be honest and open, tell him how you feel when he makes these comments.

I told him but now he blames himself for making me feel upset and I don't wanna make it any worse for him
Reply 9
Original post by the_pharaoh
what this is some waffle he never said anything about ur looks besides how good they are so why would u go and bring urself down what do u gain? and if you dont like ur looks how do u expect anyone else to? why are u willing to hurt "the best guy ever" because some bs inside ur brain?

every guy thinks these tiktok girls are attractive/good-looking it doesnt mean anything

Yeah I know it's my own problem and I shouldn't put myself down but I honestly don't know how to stop myself
Original post by YaliaV123
The issue here is with how you feel about the way you look and your self-esteem in general. Nobody else can make you feel worthy if you feel like crap about yourself. This isn’t about the other girls or even your boyfriend and you may not be ready for a relationship yet.

yeah my self esteem has always been low and I really don't know how to fix it tbh
Original post by SMEGGGY
Girls he used to like, doesn't anymore. That is what you should focus on, you'll lose him otherwise

thank you
Yeah I know it's my own problem and I shouldn't put myself down but I honestly don't know how to stop myself

no the thing is why do it when literally "the best guy ever" said ur pretty

also it's all about the way u think just change the way u think

like if u bf came to u and said he's ugly you'd be like " no your not i think your the most handsome man ever blah blah blah" same applies to u just think the same way as if ur bf told u he's ugly
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by the_pharaoh
no the thing is why do it when literally "the best guy ever" said ur pretty

also it's all about the way u think just change the way u think

like if u bf came to u and said he's ugly you'd be like " no your not i think your the most handsome man ever blah blah blah" same applies to u just think the same way as if ur bf told u he's ugly

Idk why I do it lol
I agree I'd say that to him and I get what ur saying, though I think it's easier said than done to change ur mindset
But thank you for the advice I'll try to take it on board
Break up with him and become a lesbian

Great idea👍

Communicate with him about how you feel, he seems decent so I’m sure when you do, he will stop. If he doesn’t then get rid lol! Xo
Communicate with him about how you feel, he seems decent so I’m sure when you do, he will stop. If he doesn’t then get rid lol! Xo

Haha that's a good idea, ty x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending