The Student Room Group

How to not feel self consiouss

I always get nevous and I don't care what boys think of me but I always get nervous when I ask people for somthing. So I like playing basketball and only the boys play it cause the girls in my class think its not girlish and I dont know how to ask the boys if my friends and I can play basketball with them. Im also very tall for my age and I feel like a giraffe it sucks
do what you like #
dont take evertthing seriously
Original post by KTTY
I don't care what boys think of me ... I dont know how to ask the boys if my friends and I can play basketball with them.

learn to truly harmonise the first with the second and you'll be happy playing basketball

you just gotta say "ay can i join"
Reply 3
Original post by HoldThisL
learn to truly harmonise the first with the second and you'll be happy playing basketball

you just gotta say "ay can i join"

no! thats too scary and besides my friends promised me they will be the ones to ask
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by cakes are nice9
do what you like #
dont take evertthing seriously

Idk how, sorry
Original post by KTTY
no! thats too scary and besides my friends promised me they will be the ones to ask

then alas, you care about what others think
I don’t know if this will help in anyway but, when I feel like I want to do something but feel embarrassed about it what helps me is to think of my future self. For example let’s say we are 50 years or something in the future looking back. Wouldn’t it be kind of sad if you didn’t participate in a lot of stuff because of your insecurities? Like you missed out on certain stuff. I used to hold myself back a lot before but now I just think about how insignificant it would be if something bad were to happen.

I don’t know if I’m making sense but let’s say you did something and someone laughed at you. Yeah it would be terrible in the moment but as time passes it will become insignificant. Wouldn’t it be best to live in the moment and do everything you wanna do while you still can? I know it’s easier said than done but I feel like if you just go for stuff rather than holding back at least you can say you tried and you now know the outcome instead of daydreaming about what could have happened.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending