The Student Room Group

My friends matress is disgusting

Im suppose to be staying with my friends family for two weeks but the bed im in looks like its got bed bugs, or is it just the floor colour somehow rubbing on the mattress? Its like a rust tint over the middle of the back of the mattress but i cant find bugs but the room does smell weird
Reply 1
Attachment not found
Looks like this btw, theres no bed frame just a mattress on the floor pls reply quickly i am not sleeping with bed bugs
Original post by Anonymous
Attachment not found
Looks like this btw, theres no bed frame just a mattress on the floor pls reply quickly i am not sleeping with bed bugs

cant see the photo but cant u just use a blanket underneath (ontop of the mattress) or soemthing? or spray perfume bc of the smell? why you even staying if it smells or whatever? just stay tonight and not the day after ?
Reply 3
Original post by year11studentx
cant see the photo but cant u just use a blanket underneath (ontop of the mattress) or soemthing? or spray perfume bc of the smell? why you even staying if it smells or whatever? just stay tonight and not the day after ?

I dont think u know that much about bedbugs just blankets cant stop them, as for the smell ill have to be spraying perfume every few hours, i have my reason for staying not relevant and plus if i could go to a bed that i can be sure has no bed bugs i would, i wanted someone to acc answer my question not for me to answer their question
I dont think u know that much about bedbugs just blankets cant stop them, as for the smell ill have to be spraying perfume every few hours, i have my reason for staying not relevant and plus if i could go to a bed that i can be sure has no bed bugs i would, i wanted someone to acc answer my question not for me to answer their question

oryt mate hope the bed bugs bite ya on the ass xxx
Reply 5

Im in someone elses home right now i really dont have much options, i just wanted to know if it might be staining from bad floor work or bedbugs, whether i cant sleep on a matress or on the desk in my room or on the floor
Reply 6

??? Thanks for being an ass, u clearly didnt know a thing about bedbugs but i didnt mind but u know what pissed me off why u think it was relevant to ask about why im staying at someone place (not relevant at all) and just said u could go somewhere else, in middle of a pandemic, really sensisble, asking questions that are not relevant , personal and insensitive.
Reply 7

Hey sorry i was being an ass before ive calmed down a little, my dads a doctor hasnt been home in a while and he got covid we were told yesterday, its driving mum a bit mad so shes being a little abusive, so i was a little sensitive before sorry about that, i can take out my anger online sometimes. Sorry.
I've seen a lot of mattresses with mysterious yellow/rust coloured stains on them. I don't know weather its urine, sweat, smoke or some kind on natural discolouration. A bed bug ridden mattress would probably look more like this.

As for the smell, all you can do is put multiple layers of pleasant smelling sheets over the mattress and keep the window open.
(edited 3 years ago)

Read about bedbugs a moment ago. Frightening. Have a look at the seams and see if you can see any specs of blood or roundish/oval objects. If you cant see any signs it’s probably fine but you won’t know till you sleep in it for a night and see if you wake up with bites.

if you’re worried then ask to sleep on their couch perhaps? Either way mattress sounds manky, stained with sweat or other bodily fluids, and I wouldn’t touch that with a barge pole!
IDK much about bed bugs, but I'm just wondering, do they not have a mattress fitted sheet? Do they sleep directly on the mattress? Because I think that might be unhygienic, (since you would usually change the fitted sheet and wash it) and might be the cause of the smell perhaps.. but I'm not 100% sure... I hope you and your family are healthy and I hope your dad recovers quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest