The Student Room Group

my flatmate & best friend might drop out (for this year).

i’m a 1st year, and my flatmate (who’s become my best friend here) is thinking of temporarily withdraw until next academic year (24/5). i won’t talk about anything too personal, but their health has been worsening since last summer. they’ve been to a lot of medical professionals & doctors & it sounds like they’ve all been useless. they’re sticking around until they have some more tests done, but there’s a genuine chance they’ll leave until next year.

i am really just at a loss for what to do. this is my best friend here. we eat together, buy each other groceries, chat for hours in the kithcen… and they’re going to have to leave because they’re in so much pain that they physically can’t walk to lectures now. i’m just angry and don’t know what i’ll do without them. i wish i could do more, and it’s so disgusting how doctors haven’t been taking them seriously. i just feel sad, all i want is for them to get better asap.
Sorry to hear this my heart goes out to you hope it gets better soon ❤️
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Sorry to hear this my heart goes out to you hope it gets better soon ❤️

thank you. <3 they’ll be having some tests done this week, so i really hope it can speed things up. if they find out the root cause, then it’s just a matter of getting treatment.. and hopefully they can stick around. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending