The Student Room Group

guy friend said i’m ugly without make up

I sent my guy friend a silly snap selfie and i had no make up on. He said i didn’t look anything like i normally do” and started to pick it apart saying “your eyes don’t look the same” etc
Then he said i look better with make up on.
He said he wouldn’t have known it was me. (i don’t wear tons of make up but even if i did it’s still awful to say this to someone) My self confidence is low as it is

I acc feel so *****y rn. Like obv i know i look better with make up on and i really regret sending him the funny selfie.

Please don’t ever tell a girl she looks better with make up on or say you’re shocked at how she looks without make up. I feel so awful now and never want to leave the house without make up.
Aww bless you, I hope you're okay. I know for a fact that if someone said that to me it would affect me a lot too.
However, remember that EVERYONE looks different without makeup. The exact same can be said of me, without my eye makeup in particular my face looks different. That doesn't mean you're not pretty without it, just different.
Hope you're okay though, just know you're very beautiful :smile:
Reply 2
thank you so much 💜
as a guy I can safely say that girls don't look unattractive without makeup, its just that you get used to seeing them with it on most of the time (school, work parties etc) so you normalise thats how they look so when they don't have it on it presents a much harsher image/contrast then it actually is. In reality your face might be fine but he's used to seeing it as flawless and touched up.
Probably still look better than him tho :tongue:
Reply 4
thank you 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending